Tamil Nadu Food Security Rules 2017 :
The government of TamilNadu had instructed the updated guidelines recently for ration suppliers under NFSA (National Food Security Act).
According to the notification given by Tamil Nadu government, some of the existing beneficiaries of the TNPDS will not be eligible for the future benefits.
The following are the rules of food security as per the notification;
The categories excluded from the benefits of tnpds.gov.in:
- Households/Family with at least one income tax paying member.
- Family paying professional tax.
- Households categorized as large farmers i.e. farmers having more than five-acre land.
- Family having with at least one member working or retired Central/state government, corporations, local bodies, autonomous bodies of local/state/central government.
- Any households owning a four-wheeler, except one commercial vehicle for earning the livelihood.
- The family owning an air-conditioner.
- Households possessing three or more rooms with pucca walls and roof.
- Any of the family members who owns or operates enterprises registered under the law.
- Households having income more than 1 lakh from all sources.
Categories included for the benefits of TNPDS:
- All the families of AntyoayaAnna Yojana.
- Families with a beneficiary under Annapurna Anna Yojana.
- All the families which are below poverty line as available with the urban/rural local bodies.
- Beneficiaries under other welfare schemes such as old age pensions, etc.
- All households oriented by a single women or a widow.
- Households oriented by 40% handicapped persons.
- Households of agricultural laborers.
- Other vulnerable families such as slum habitants, resettlement colonies, shelterless, occupationally vulnerable groups like unskilled workers, rag-pickers, etc.
- Other poor families under other government welfare schemes.