Tamil Nadu Food Security Rules 2021 :
The government of Tamil Nadu had instructed the updated guidelines recently for ration suppliers under NFSA (National Food Security Rules).
According to the notification given by the Tamil Nadu government, some of the existing beneficiaries of the TNPDS will not be eligible for future benefits.
The following are the food security Rules 2020 as per the notification;
The categories excluded from the benefits of tnpds.gov.in:
- Households/Family with at least one income tax-paying member.
- Family paying professional tax.
- Households are categorized as large farmers, i.e., farmers having more than five-acre land.
- Family having with at least one member working or retired Central/state government, corporations, local bodies, autonomous bodies of local/state/central government.
- Any household owns a four-wheeler, except one commercial vehicle for earning a livelihood.
- The Family owned an air-conditioner.
- Households possess three or more rooms with pucca walls and roofs.
- Any of the family members who own or operate enterprises registered under the law.
- Households have an income of more than 1 lakh from all sources.
Categories included for the benefits of TNPDS:
- All the families of AntyoayaAnna Yojana.
- Families with a beneficiary under Annapurna Anna Yojana.
- All the families which are below the poverty line as available with the urban/rural local bodies.
- Beneficiaries under other welfare schemes such as old-age pensions, etc.
- A single woman or a widow orients all households.
- Households oriented by 40% of disabled persons.
- Households of agricultural laborers.
- Other vulnerable families include slum habitats, resettlement colonies, shelterless, occupationally vulnerable groups like unskilled workers, rag-pickers, etc.
- Other low-income families under other government welfare schemes.