Udyog Aadhar is a twelve digit unique identification number given by the Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). The government of India is providing this Udyog Aadhar Registration for small and medium enterprises from September 2015.
This is also known as Aadhaar for Business. More than 48 lakh MSMEs in India got registered under Udyog Aadhar, as of July 2018.
Objectives of Udyog Aadhar Registration
- The main objective of Udyog Aadhar is to track the small and medium industries in a legal manner. Earlier this registration process is complicated and big, so many of the small and medium industries (MSME) didn’t show interest and ran away from the process. Now it is very simple and easy to register in this process.
- By encouraging small and medium companies (MSME), people show interest in starting their own business so that the employees also increase and unemployment in the country decreases, and the people will get new opportunities.
- By this Udyog Aadhar, the government of India wants to increase the competition for companies, so that the country becomes financially strong. The thinking between the companies also moves ahead of each other which will benefit the country.
Udyog Aadhar Benefits
- Exemption under Direct Tax
- Excise exemption
- 50% reduction of the fee for filing patents and trademarks
- Protection form delayed payments
- Credit guarantee scheme
- Loans with low-interest and without guarantee
- The government of India gives Financial Support to participate in foreign business exposure
- To increase the company revenue, the government providing subsidies
- Electricity bill concession
- Exemption when applying for government tenders
- Octroi benefits
Eligibility for Registration
The government of India is providing loans for the Udyog Aadhar based industries for manufacturing and service sector business (MSME).
The government of India will provide investment for manufacturing industries of up to Rs 25 lakh for plant and machinery and for service industries investment up to Rs 10 Lakh or equipment.
The government will provide investment for the manufacturing industry of Rs 5 crore for plant and machinery and for service industry investment of Rs 2 crore for equipment.
The Indian government is providing the investment for manufacturing companies of Rs 10 crore for plant and machinery and for Service Company’s investment of Rs 5 crore for equipment.
- Personal Aadhaar number
- Name of Owner
- Category of Applicant
- Name of the business
- Type of organization
- Bank details
- Key activity
- National Industrial classification code
- Number of persons employed
- Date of commencement
- Details of DIC
How do Udyog Aadhar Online Registration
It is a completely online process and it is for individuals who have micro/small/medium enterprises. The process is quite simple and straightforward. Udyam registration is the updated version of Udyog Aadhar registration.
- Individuals have to visit the Udyog Aadhar official website
- A form opens, enter the Aadhar number and make sure that the mobile number is linked with Aadhaar and click on the “validate/generate OTP.”
- After validating the OTP select the social category.
- If the applicant is having more than one entity, every enterprise must be registered separately with the same Aadhaar card and register them as Enterprise 1, Enterprise 2, etc. Select the type of organization
- Fill also the details of the business like complete address with the district, PIN, mobile number, email ID, and other additional details.
- Enter the Date of Incorporation, bank account number along with IFSC code and type of the business whether manufacturing or service. If the company is into both mention the major activity.
- Mention the total number of employees working with their paid salary/wage by the company. Also mention the total amount of investment in your business.
- Select the DIC (District Industry Centre) from the given list and accept the declaration form.
- After entering the details check once on click on the “submit” to again generate OTP which is sent to the registered email ID.
- Enter the TP and complete the registration with the acknowledgment number.
What is Udyog Aadhar registration?
Udyog Aadhar is the recognition certificate of an enterprise for registering their business under this. It is a Unique Identity Number that certifies micro, small, and medium businesses (MSME) and for which the companies get bank loans at lower interest.
How to download Udyog Aadhar registration certificate?
To download the registration certificate go to the website or click here. Now enter the UAM number and the registered mobile number as per Udyog Aadhar certificate and click on submit.