About YSR Bima Scheme
YSR Bima Scheme introduces by the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. Formerly this scheme was Chandranna Bheema Yojana. The main objective of the ysr bheema scheme is to provide reassurance for the unorganized worker’s families in case of disability or death of the worker.
According to the statistics of India, Andhra Pradesh is one of the states with a large number of accidents.
Due to accidents death or disability of the unorganized worker leads hardship for the family. They will lose the earnings or other expenses relating to the accident.
The government wants to provide accident disability and death insurance as social security for the worker’s family. The government is also providing social security to the working families even in case of natural death.
The AP government already implemented social security scheme for the transport drivers on working experience and pilot basis.
Now want to extend the scheme to all the unorganized workers of AP with some modifications includes disability coverage also.
YSR Bima Features
- All the unorganized workers from 18 to 70 years are eligible for the registration and enrolled as the beneficiaries of the scheme.
- Under the Unorganized Social Security Act 2008, all the unorganized workers enrolled are beneficiaries of the YSR Bheema Scheme.
- Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty promotes the registration and enrollment in YSR Bima Scheme of the unorganized workers, maintenance of the database, data entry, hard copies of signed applications, and other matters connected.
- Labour Department, Assistant Labour Officer will be the Registering Authority.
- The registered workers also enrolled as members under State Accident Death and Disability Scheme which also comes under Aam Admi Bima Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
Benefits of YSR Bheema Scheme
- The eligible workers get Rs 5 Lakh for Accident Death and Rs 2.25 Lakh for Total Disability from the Accident Death and Disability Scheme, Rs 75000 under Aam Admi Bima Yojana, and Rs 2 Lakh from Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- For Partial disability, workers get up to Rs 362500, Rs 2.25 Lakh from State Accident Death and Disability scheme, Rs 37500/- from Aam Admi Bima Yojana, and Rs 1 Lakh from PMSBY.
- Workers with natural death will get Rs 30000 under Aam Admi Bima Yojana.
- Unorganized workers child will get Rs 1200 per annum, for 2 children studying 9th, 10th, and Intermediate or ITI.
Eligibility for YSR Bheema
- All the unorganized workers of Andhra Pradesh state from 18 to 70 years with less than Rs 15000 monthly salary and enrolled through Praja Sadhikara Survey are eligible for the YSR Bima scheme.
- Unorganized workers registered under the Unorganized Workers Social Security Act, 2008, and also enrolled under YSR Bima Scheme as beneficiaries.
Registration of Bima Scheme
- The workers have to visit the Labour Department.
- In the office, the worker gets assistance from the delegated assistant.
- With assistance, workers are registered for YSR Bheema Scheme and also allow accessing the central government schemes.
- Once if the worker registered under YSR Scheme, no need to register for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Yojana and Aam Admi Bima Yojana.
Process for Checking District Wise Claim Status
- Workers who want to know the information regarding the claims settled and pending, visit the official website.
- Click on the reports on the home page.
- A dropdown with years appears to select 2019-20 reports.
- Select the district wise reports accordingly to know the status of claims pending, claims rejected, claims under process, etc.
Help Line Numbers
For any assistance, contact the call center numbers District wise, Click Here
Toll Free Number to contact 155214