India is getting digitalized rapidly by implementing technology in every aspect which makes our lives much easier. This digitalization has reached to every government organisation and one such is public distribution system. The PDS (Public distribution system ) in India operates through the fair price shops to distribute basic necessities (rice, pulses, sugar and etc.,) to its people with minimum charge.
To obtain these products one has to have their own ration card issued by their state government. So, the Tamilnadu government replacing its traditional ration card to a smart ration card which is more secured and reliable. The primary aim of this smart card is to provide a secure and safest gateway to its people.
So, in this article we will be discussing about how to apply, eligibility and checking status of tamilnadu smart ration card. In simple it will be a complete guide on how to apply a tamilnadu smart ration card online and it’s related services. So, I suggest you to go through entire article to make most out of this.
Procedure to apply Tamilnadu smart card online
Tamilnadu Public Distribution System has an official website, tnpds.org.in. This website will allow us to apply for the new smart ration card online and many other services also. This service has started in 2016 in order to convert all the ration cards in to a smart ration cards.
Step by Step procedure to apply for Online Smart Ration Card on Tnpds Website:
1. Go to the Official Page of Tamilnadu Public Distribution System (click here)
2. Click on the “Apply for Electronic Card” which is at top right section on the right side of the homepage.
3. After clicking on it you will get an application form which is shown below.
4. There are two options at the top left
– Application for new electronic card
– Old family card registration
5. Each of these has different forms for application.
6. When you click on the Old Card Enrollment you have to fill the details like Ration Card number and FPS Code.
7. Fill all the necessary details into it which was required in that form.
8. Upload a photo that is in JPEG, JPG, PNG form and should be under 5.0 MB.
9. Here, you have filled the details, Head of the family. Now, you need fill the members of the family one by one.
10. In order to add members we need to click on the “add member” which is present at right side of the page like as shown in picture.
11. After clicking, a block of form will be opened.
12. Now, fill the details and upload the documents, a photo of the member in your family.
13. Click “Save member details” to continue.
14. Come to the card selection option and Select the type of the card you want.
15. It will shows the drop down options like
-No Commodity Card
16. If you select the others option then again a dropdown of options will display. It has the options of
17. Then continue to select the “Proof of Residence” option. Select the type of proof you want to upload and upload the document proof.
18. Make sure the document should have less than 1.0 MB.
19. Next enable the tick option if you have any LPG gas connections.
20. By enabling a block of form will be opened.
21. There you need to provide the Name of the registered person, Oil Company, LBG Consumer Number, Gas company name, and number of cylinders.
22. After filling all the details in the form, click on the “Register” button at the bottom after enabling the tick at confirmation option.
23. By enabling the confirmation option, we says that the above mentioned details are true to my knowledge and I am the responsible person if there is any cancellation takes place while registration due of any spelling mistakes in the card.
24. If you are done with the process of Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card Application, you will be provided a reference number with which you can track the status of your application.
Thus, the application for smart ration card has completed.
Days it takes to register after Application
A message will send to your registered mobile saying that your process of registration has completed. Generally, it takes 10 days to one month to complete the entire process. We need to collect the smart card at the e-seva center with 3 days of delivery message date.
If you don’t get any kind of information after the registration process from the authorities then check by tracking the smart ration card status online on your own.
How to Track the Smart Card Application Status on Tnpds?
Here is the procedure for tracking the Tamilnadu smart ration card by the reference number.
For this, a reference number which was provided after the application through printout or message sent to your registered mobile number is needed.
Go to the Official Page of Tamilnadu Public Distribution System (click here)
Click on the “Status of electronic card application” which is present at top right corner of the page and just below the “Apply for Electronic Card” option.
After clicking that, it will be redirected to a page like this.
Here you have to enter your reference number. By using that reference number can check the status of your smart card.
If any doubts or queries, you can call the toll-free number at 1967 / 1800-425-5901.
What are the Types of Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card?
There are different types of smart ration cards provided to the people by the Tamilnadu Public Distribution System. Each card has its own benefits i.e. the type of card will decide the basic needs it provides.
Here are the list goods that TNPDS provides
- Palm Oil
- Urid Dhall
- Toor Dhall
There are 5 types of cards that TNPDS provide to the people. Namely,
- PHH RICE
Here PHH means Priority House Hold and NPHH mean Non Priority House Hold.
What are the Benefits of Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card?
As said earlier the benefits are differs in each type of ration card. And the benefits of each card are
For PHH RICE card holders, all goods will provide at the subsidiary rate at ration shop.
- Sugar, Wheat, Rice, Kerosene, Palm Oil, Urid Dhall, Toor Dhall
For PHHA card holders, all goods are provided along with 35 Kg of Rice.
- 35 Kg Rice, Sugar, Wheat, Kerosene, Palm Oil, Urid Dhall, Toor Dhall
For NPHH/NPHH-L Card Holders, rice along with all goods is provided.
- Rice, Sugar, Wheat, Kerosene, Palm Oil, Urid Dhall, Toor Dhall
For NPHHS Card Holders, only sugar is provided among the all the goods.
For NPHHNC card holders, no goods are provided
- No goods
Check out the video for the detailed explanation of types of smart ration of TNPDS
What is the Eligibility to get Smart Ration Card in Tamilnadu?
Every government scheme in India has some eligibility criteria in order to avail it. So, this TNPDS also has some eligibility to get Smart Ration Card in Tamilnadu. It is applicable for those who want to apply for a new card. Ignore if you have an old ration card.
- It is obvious that he/she should the citizen of India.
- Should be a resident in Tamilnadu.
- Farmers who have more than 5 acres of land are not eligible.
- If he/she registered in one family, he/she cannot be eligible to apply from another family.
- Annual Income should be less than Rs. 1 Lakh from all sources.
- No eligibility for the professional tax payers.
- Not eligible for the family who have government job holders (working/retired).
- The household should not have any four wheelers. It is ok if he/she has a four wheeler for the source of income to their family.
- The household who has enterprise registered under government are not eligible.
Here are the documents you need to keep with you while applying online.
- Address proof (or) Property Tax, Electric bill of Tamilnadu.
- Details of earlier application in the case of rejection.
- LPG Gas Connection details.
- Mobile number
Hope, that this article will be helpful to you during the application of Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card Online. So, bookmark this and also share for your friends and relatives those who are in need of ration card.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where is FPS code in ration card? The FPS code is a Fair Price Shop Code which tells about the shop is licensed by the public distribution system for distributing the goods. It is present at the bottom left corner in a ration card.
What is the income limit for BPL card? BPL Card means Below Poverty Line Card which is issued to the people whose annual income is Rs.27,000 per annum.
Who issues ration card? The ration is issued by the respective state government on which state you belong. This will help to get the basic needs with the subsidiary price decides by the government.
What is non subsidy ration card? The ration card holders who have non subsidiary ration card are required to purchase the commodities at highly subsidized prices which are decided by hr respective state government from the ration shop. These holders are not eligible to but the commodities at the subsidiary price at ration shops.
What is the difference between white ration card and pink ration card? These are the types of ration cards issued to the people by their respective state government. The white ration card will be issued to the people who have their annual income more than Rs.1 Lakh. And the Pink ration card will be issued to the people who are above the poverty line.
Who can get ration card? It is not a compulsory document to maintain. But so many apply for this ration card to avail the benefits of government subsidiary rates for the commodities they distribute. This distribution is done by the public distribution system of every state.