Senior Citizen Card | Benefits of Senior Citizen Cards | How to Get Senior citizen Card online | Documents Required | Eligibility Criteria for Senior Citizen Card
Senior Citizen Card
The population of senior citizens in India is increasing steadily because of their improved health and medical amenities. People getting older brings them many physical challenges, many health problems, and even they become inactive.
The Social Welfare Department has a scheme for senior citizens to avail of some sort of benefits. They introduced the senior citizen cards to make the process much easier.
The Social Welfare Department provides recognized proof for the elderly and aged people to encourage and give access for many discounts, concessions, and also priority services from government, private and public companies, and commercial establishments.
Senior citizens besides enjoying their golden years by spending time with family, they are even enjoying the different benefits for their convenience, financial burdens from this card.
To avail the senior citizen card some of the points to be considered as eligibility.
- People with 60 years and above and residing alone with a spouse are eligible.
- The person must be a citizen of India or Permanent Resident of India and also for a particular state from which the person is applying.
Benefits of Senior Citizen Card
- There is a number of benefits to this card. Some of them are:
- The senior citizens will get monitory assistance, convenience, etc.
- They can avail of the Railway discount of 30%.
- Air travel concessions also provided for senior citizens.
- Senior citizens can avail of benefits in hospitals, banks, and they are having tax exemptions also.
- Residence Proof issued from the corresponding state officials like ration card, valid passport, voter ID card, or electricity or telephone bill.
- Date of birth or relevant documents like pan card, school leaving certificate, election card, if women need to submit a marriage certificate which serves as the proof of age.
- The application form is completely filled attaching with the documents needed before submitting the form.
How to get Senior Citizen Card Online?
To apply for senior citizen cards online, senior citizens have to visit the website of their state they belong to. The website is different for all the states.
- Senior citizens have to visit the website.
- On the home click on the Application form.
- A new page opens with a form, fill the form with name, date of birth, blood group, address, state, pin code, taluk, phone number, email address.
- Also, fill in the details of the relative name and phone number. Click on the submit button now.
- Now a new page opens where the applicant must upload the passport size photo and other required documents.
- Now select the payment option, and submit the payment details.
- Download the senior citizen’s certificate anytime from a week to twenty days.
Senior citizens can apply for the card by filling the application form and submit it to the concerned department with the attached required documents.
Click here for the Application Form.