Domicile Certificate | Residence Certificate | Domicile Certificate Online | How to Apply for Domicile Certificate Online in Tamil Nadu |Eligibility | Documents Required | Application Fee
Residence Certificate is the other name for Domicile Certificate. It is an official document that is used as the proof of residence of a person for a particular State/Union Territory.
Domicile certificate issued by the state government or union territory administration. With this certificate, every person in the state can reside peacefully and can use the utilities given by the state government.
Any category, caste, group, and religion can apply for the domicile. If a woman married to a person who is a permanent resident of a particular state is eligible for submitting the application for the same state.
People can avail of benefits provided by state government scholarship schemes. Domicile once applied will be valid for a lifetime.
- To obtain a Domicile certificate, the applicant’s parents or guardian must be permanent residents of the Tamil Nadu state living for more than 6 years.
- Women, not from Tamil Nadu and got married to men of Tamil Nadu who are permanent residents are eligible.
- Permanent resident proof for 5 years
- School leaving certificate
- Copy of Voter ID, Ration Card, Tax Receipt, Sale Deed, etc.
To apply for the Domicile Certificate, applicants have to pay an application fee of Rs 15 for the form.
How to Apply for Domicile Certificate Online in Tamil Nadu?
Applicants who want to apply for Domicile Certificate online must follow the below process.
- Applicants must visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu e-Governance Agency.
- On the home page click on citizen login.
- A new page opens, now click on the “new user, sign up here” option.
- A registration form appears, fill the form with full name, taluk, district, mobile number, email ID, Aadhaar number, login ID, password, Captcha cord and click on sign up.
- Enter the OTP generated to the registered mobile number and email id.
- Now login with username, password, enter the Captcha code, and click on “login with mobile number.”
- Select the Revenue Department option and click on Residence Certificate, proceed to apply online.
- A new page opens, fill the application with details like CAN no., address, contact details, name, age, etc.
- Upload the required documents in the advised format.
- Make the payment if required, an acknowledgment receipt displayed on the screen.
- Take the print out of the receipt for future reference.
- Applicants who want to apply offline has to visit the nearest Tehasildar office/Revenue Office/ Sevai center/ District Collector office.
- Take the application form and fill the form with the required details.
- Attach the documents necessary and submit them.
- After submitting the application, it is verified by the circle officer/VAO/Revenue Inspector.
- The verification done for the submitted documents and finally, the domicile certificate is issued and sent through post to the registered address.
Applicants can also take a print out of the application form from the website.
Click here for the application form.