Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Using the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator can check the amount they will receive at maturity. Individuals must use the SSY calculator to meet the scheme's eligibility criteria.
About Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Scheme:
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY), a savings initiative, was begun in 2015. as a component of the government effort Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign. With the help of this programme, parents can open a savings account at an authorized commercial bank or India Post branch for their girl child. This plan comes with a higher interest rate and several tax advantages.
SSY accounts offer a 7.6% rate of interest. A Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator can help determine the returns you receive per the invested amount and tenure.
SSY Scheme Details:
- Interest rate: 7.60% p.a.
- Investment Amount: Minimum - Rs.250, Maximum Rs.1.5 lakh p.a.
- Maturity Amount: Depends on the invested amount
- Maturity Period: 21 years (or till the girl is married after attaining the age of 18 years)
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana - Interest Rates:
The Rate of interest that you will receive in your Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account currently stands at 7.6% p.a. This interest rate is applicable from 1st April 2020. It is lower than the previous Rate, which was 8.4%.
However, if you deposited between 12th December 2019 to 31st March 2020, you will earn 8.4% p.a.
- 1.Interest is payable to you yearly.
- 2.Interest is credited at the end of every financial year only.
- 3.The interest rate has decided by the government and changes every quarter.
- 4.Interest will only provide if the girl becomes an NRI.
Eligibility to open Sukanya Samriddhi Account:
- The account can open by a parent or legal guardian of the girl's name.
- The girl child must be below ten years.
- Only one account is allowed for a girl's name.
- A family can open only 2 Sukanya Samriddhi scheme accounts.
- The girl must be a resident of India.
How can the SSY Scheme be opened online?
First, download the IPPB app to your mobile to make online payments to your Sukanya Samriddhi account. With the help of this software, you may create recurring requests for a certain sum to be transferred online into your SSY account. Here's a step-by-step guide to doing it:
- Your bank account should transfer funds to the IPPB account.
- On the IPPB app, go to DOP Products and choose the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account.
- Together with your DOP client ID, provide your SSY account number.
- Choose the length of the instalment and the payment amount.
- The IPPB will let you know when the payment mechanism was already successfully set up.
- You'll receive a notification each time the app sends money.
Interest Rules for Premature Withdrawal
Premature withdrawal is allowed when:
- The girl child turns 18.
- When the child becomes a non-citizen, the account will be closed
- In the case of demise, the account balance can withdraw.
- When the account has been open for more than five years, the organization feels that continuing the history seems complicated for the child.
Permission to close the account will grant for other reasons, but the interest received from donations will be the same as the interest rates offered by post offices.
How to invest in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
Investors can apply for the Sukanya Samriddhi Program through participating public and private banks or post offices. Investors must submit the following paperwork and follow the steps below:
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Documents needed to open an account are specified.
- Certificate of Birth for the Girl
- The parent or legal guardian's photo ID required
- The applicant's parent or legal guardians' addresses
- PANs and voter IDs are further KYC proofs
How can we Calculate Interest on Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Scheme?
To determine the required corpus, we need to consider the interest that will add. Use the below formula to calculate your interest in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Scheme.
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator uses the following formula to show results:-
A = P (1 + r/n) ^ nt
A: Compound interest
P: Principal amount
r: Rate of interest
n: Number of times interest compounds in a year
t: Number of years
How can an SSY calculator help you?
A few benefits of SSY calculators include the following:
- It Shows you the year of maturity for your SSY account.
- Displays the amount you receive upon maturity.
- It helps you plan your investment portfolio more effectively
How to use SSY Calculator?
Enter the investment starting year, the girl child's age, and the investment amount every year.
After you enter the information, the calculator will automatically display the maturity year and the amount you will receive at maturity.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana FAQ'S
How many years do you need to pay for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
What is the minimum money required to open a Sukanya Samriddhi account?
People need only Rs. 250 to start an account. Also, they must maintain a minimum investment of Rs. 250 to keep the account open.
What are the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana benefits?
Sukanya Samriddhi Account provides a higher interest rate than other Savings Plans that offer financial security for the girl child.
What is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana rules?
Minimum deposit ₹ 250/- Maximum deposit ₹ 1.5 Lakh in a financial year. The account can open in a girl's name till she gets the age of 10 years. Only one account can open in the name of a girl child. The account can open in Post offices and authorized banks.
Who is eligible for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Scheme?
The Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme account can open in the name of a girl by her parents or guardians any time before the girl child ages ten. Only one account per girl's name is allowed.
Can we withdraw money from Sukanya?
Yes. After completing 21 years of your Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account, we can withdraw the balance and interest.
What happens if a girl dies in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
The account can be closed prematurely on the untimely death of the account holder. At the end of the year, a payment of Rs. Fifty can make over the minimum annual deposit towards the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana savings scheme as a confirmation for reviving the account.