Becoming a member of the human rights commission is a matter of pride. If you are a resident of India or a holder of Indian citizenship, you enjoy the right to privacy; all human beings are free and equal, freedom of opinion and expression, discrimination, right to life, freedom from brutal and degrading treatment and many other statutory rights.
- 1 Become a member of the human rights commission
- 1.1 How to join Human Rights Commission?
- 1.2 Conclusion
Become a member of the human rights commission
No one can take out your rights for you. To learn about human rights on a larger scale, you can join the Human Rights Commission.
It is the largest forum, specially set up to spread and protect human rights. It is a constitutional institution that plays a major role in creating awareness about human rights.
If you are curious about joining the Human Rights Commission and want to know more about its rules and regulations, read the entire article. Without wasting time, let’s discuss them:
About Human Rights Commission
The National Human Rights Commission of India had established on 12 October 1993. It is a self-disciplined statutory body under the requirements of the Protection of Human Rights Act of 28 September 1993.
In 2006, it had amended to protect and promote human rights. It had formed to achieve various objects. The Human Rights Commission is controlled and overseen by the NHRC.
How to become a bank manager after the 12th?
Role of the National Human Rights Commission
Some of the main roles of NHRC are:
- Human rights are an important part of the nation, society and individual. That’s why NHRC ignored it.
- To regulate and enforce human rights in the country, the NHRC acts as a supervisor.
- It plays an important role in looking after the rights to liberty, equality, life and dignity given to individuals.
- These rights had defined in Section 2(1) of the PHR Act.
- The Constitution of India defines these rights.
- Moreover, they had expressed in international agreements and conventions.
- All rights are also enforceable by courts in India.
- The National Human Rights Commission had established in 1991 in compliance with the Paris Principles of Human Rights.
- They had adopted for the protection and promotion of human rights.
- In 1993, the United Nations adopted them in their General Assembly.
How to join Human Rights Commission?
National Human Rights Commission offers great career opportunities for various jobs. Candidates willing to join Human Rights Commission can apply for any of the following posts:
- Research Assistant
- Staff Car Driver
- Presenting Officer
- Joint Secretary
- Senior Research
- Personal Assistant
- Research Associate
- Personal Assistant
- Joint Secretary
- Junior Translator
- Assistant Accounts Officer
- Consultant/Assistant ( RTI)
- Superintendent of Police
- Section Officer
- Registrar (Law)
- Section Officer, etc.
Eligibility criteria for posts may vary. Some need a PG level degree in Law, a Bachelor’s degree in Law, a Master’s degree in Sociology, Science and History, and a degree in Jurisprudence. Let us discuss some of them.
How to become an agriculture officer?
Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria before applying for any post on Human Rights Commission. Eligibility requirements may be different for each post.
For the Post of Translator
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have finished graduation from any recognized University.
- Age Limit: There is no lowest age limit for the NHRC Translator post. But candidate’s age should not exceed 62 years.
- Experience: The applicant should have at least 2 to 15 years of experience.
Joint Director (Researcher):
- Educational Qualification: Contenders should have completed a master’s in Law from any recognized University. Alternatively, candidates who have completed Masters in Sociology, Science or Social Work Human Rights or Criminology from an identified University can apply for this post.
- Age Limit: Applicant should be below 56
- Experience: Five years experience.
SR Research Officer:
- Educational Qualification: The nominee should have a Master’s Degree in Political Science, Statistics, Sociology and History. A degree should recognize by any recognized University or a Degree in Law from any identified University connected with the Bar Council of India.
- Age Limit: Experience up to 65 years of age
- Experience: The applicant should have four years of research experience in social sciences.
For Research Assistant:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University OR, Degree in Law or Human Rights from any recognized University affiliated with BCI.
- Experience: The aspirant should have a minimum of 1-year experience in any recognized Research Institution/College/University.
For Junior Accountants:
- Academic Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree with Commerce subjects from any recognized University. They should also have useful knowledge of computer applications.
- Experience: Students should have experience in cash and accounts matters.
- Educational Qualification: The applicant should possess Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University. Additionally, holding similar posts regularly.
- Experience: Should have eight years of regular service in the post of Stenographer (Pay Scale PB 2 plus GP 4200).
- Educational Qualification: The applicant should have Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science from any recognized University, or they should possess Post Graduate Degree in Library Science from a recognized University
- Age Limit: Minimum age is 56 years.
- Experience: The nominee must have at least two years of experience in a library, including bibliographical work and documentation.
Candidates can occur for the exam after receiving the official notification. After they sit the written test and clear it, they must proceed to the personal interview round.
How to Apply for NHRC Exam?
National Human Rights Commission has appointed candidates for various departments. Several vacancies are opened every year for candidates.
After knowing the official notification, you can visit the official website of the National Human Rights Commission.
Apply for any job posts after official notification. Candidates must mention all personal details, educational qualifications, and experience letters (if required).
How to become a RAW agent after the 12th?
Additional Ways to Join NHRC (National Human Rights Commission):
There is another way to join National Human Rights Commission. You can be a member of the commission. No such defined eligibility criteria are required, but you can visit the official website and check the complete details about the membership criteria.
Address and Contact
National Human Rights Commission
Manav Adhikar Bhawan Block-C,
GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi – 110023
Facilitation Centre (Madad): (011) 24651330, 24663333
Fax No. (011) 24651332
Website: check here
In this article, we have said two ways to join the National Human Rights Commission, one through named posts and the other as a commission member. Check more details on the official website and apply for this.
It is a highly respected sector in society. Payscale, lifestyle and other details are difficult to explain as no other details are available regarding this. I hope you got the answer to how to join the Human Rights Commission of India.