The birth certificate is compulsory in Delhi to register every birth per the guidelines of the Registration of Birth Act of 1969. The certificate serves as an identity proof of a person in various circumstances; thus, it is one of the essential legal documents. The Chief Registrar is responsible for an issue this certificate under the Government of Delhi.
The certificate in Delhi is issued by the local municipal within seven days from the application date of receipt from the applicant, given that the birth register. After registration, a single copy of the certificate is handed over for free to the informant immediately.
Additional copies of the certificate are also issued at Rs 5 per copy, paying Rs 2 for the search of the single entry in the current year and Rs 2 for every additional year for which the investigation had done. These copies had issued from the local bodies’ registration centres/zonal offices.
Fee Structure for Certificate
These are the charges applicable for registering the birth in Delhi
|Registration within 21 days of delivery.||No fee|
|Registration after 21 days of birth.||Rs.7|
|Registration after 30 days but before one year of birth.||Rs.10|
|Registration after one year of birth.||Rs.15|
Time Limit for Birth Certificate
The Delhi certificate will get in seven working days from the date of application.
Steps to follow to download Birth Certificate
- Go to the official website of the Delhi Government.
- Click on Online Services on the home page.
- Select the ‘Birth Certificate’ option from the given list of services.
- On a new page, fill in the details regarding birth enquiry and click the search button.
- The applicant can view their birth details available on the portal.
- Select individual birth records from the given list of birth records.
- Click on the Get Certificate tab.
- Give contact details and select the show certificate option.
- Download and take the printout of this certificate.
One must make the affidavit on a Non- judicial stamp paper of minimal value. Fill up the correction form for certificate correction online. Then submit it to your respective District Court in Delhi before a magistrate along with an affidavit or certified copy with the judge’s original signature.
Get a Certificate Registration Form from the registrar’s office (from your municipal office). When a baby is born in a hospital, the medical officer in charge provides the form. Fill in the paper within 21 days of the child’s birth.
Follow the below-given procedures to get a Certificate. Visit the Delhi Government website. Click on the “Online Services” home page. Select the “Birth Certificate” option from the list of services.