The central government directed the ration cardholders and members on the card for linking Aadhaar. The government also said no ration for the citizens if the Aadhaar not linked with the ration cards. If the Aadhaar not linked with the ration card, citizens do not receive the ration, but the ration card’s name is not removed. The last date to link Aadhaar with a ration card in Kerala online is October 31, 2020.
It was observed that 36.1 Lakh cardholders not linked after the deadline of September 30, 2020, and decided to extend up to October 31, 2020. A report says that in Kerala, 99% of cardholders and 85% of the cards’ members linked to Aadhaar.
The Food Security Act of 2016 specifies that Aadhaar must link to the ration card to ensure that the right person receives ration food.
Every state in India has the option to link a ration card with an Aadhaar card online. In Kerala, now it is compulsory to link ration cards with Aadhaar to get a ration. Below is the procedure:
- To link Aadhaar with a ration card online, visit the official website of Kerala PDS.
- Click on the “Citizen Login” on the home page.
- A new page opens. Click on the “citizens.”
- Now click on the “create an account,” now a new page appears.
- First, select the “No” for the question “To make a new ration card.”
- Now enter the ration card number, Aadhaar card number, check the box to agree and click on the “validate” option.
- Also, enter user login ID, name, email ID, mobile number, password, and Captcha code. Click on the “submit” option.
- An OTP generates, enter the OTP to link Aadhaar with the ration card online in Kerala.
There is no official website to link a Ration card with an Aadhaar card because every state has its portal for ration cards.
- By visiting the nearest PDS shops in Kerala, we can link Aadhaar with a ration card.
- Carry all the required photocopies and original documents of ration card, Aadhaar card, and passport-sized photos of all the card members.
- In some cases, the bank details are also not linked with the Aadhaar card, so submit a copy of the PDS shops’ bank passbook.
- The shop representative will ask for fingerprint authentication to link the Aadhaar card.00
- After everything is submitted, an SMS is sent to the registered mobile number and receive another message after both cards are linked.
- Ration Card photocopy along with original card
- All the family members Aadhaar card photocopies
- Head of the family photocopy
- Head of the family passport photo
- Bank passbook photocopy, if the bank account not linked with Aadhaar
How to check whether Aadhaar linked with a ration card?
Visit the nearest PDS shop and photocopies of Aadhaar and Ration cards and go for the finger-biometric authentication to verify the identity with Aadhaar.
Can I download a Ration card with an Aadhaar?
There is no such procedure to download a ration card with Aadhaar as of now.