HSRP stands for High-Security Registration Plate. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highway introduced this HSRP in 2001. The speciality of the plate is that they use a 1 mm special aluminium for the plate. They also paste White or yellow reflective sheets on the plates. High-Security number plates and colour-coded fuel stickers are compulsory for all vehicles purchased before 2019. Two and Four wheeler owners should apply for the HSRP Delhi for new number plates.
They can apply and know the HSRP status for the number plates through the official website of MORTH or from authorized vendors in the state.
The HSRP stickers must be colour-coded. Fuel stickers are very necessary. You can check all details about High-Security number plates for your vehicles.
HSRP Delhi Registration 2023:
In India, High-Security number plates are mandatory for all vehicles. The vehicles purchased before 2019 must apply for the HSRP, and all the new vehicles come with HSRP.
All vehicle owners should know that there are only 236 approved dealers in Delhi. All old vehicle owners should take HSRP registration. Else they have to pay the fine.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways(MORTH), Govt of India, introduced this high-security vehicle registration plate. You can apply for the High-Security Registration Plate online and offline modes.
You can also book an appointment for the HSRP Delhi in available places. The registration fee for the HSRP is Rupees 400 for two-wheelers and 1100 for four-wheelers. The official website for HSRP Delhi is https://morth.nic.in/.
The fee for four-wheelers depends completely on the model of the vehicle.
How to apply for the HSRP Registration :
The vehicle owners can apply for the HSRP Registration in the following way.
- Go to the SIAM’s official portal in your residence state.
- On the home page, click the HSRP Registration link on the screen.
- It will take you to the registration page. Fill in your details to complete the registration form.
- Check your details carefully before submitting the registration form.
- Submit the registration form and complete the payment.
How to check HSRP Status:
- Go to the SIAM (Ministry of Road Transport and Highway) or HSRP Delhi.
- There will be a separate website for every state transport department.
- After visiting the home page of the web portal, you will find the link with the name “Check HSRP Status”.
- You must enter the details on the next page to check the status.
- The required details include the vehicle number and chassis number, and some other details depending on the website.
HSRP Delhi Registration Benefits:
The benefits of registering for the HSRP Delhi or other states are as follows. Please read this paragraph carefully to know the benefits of getting the High-Security Registration Plate.
The HSRP is given to the vehicle owner only. The owner who needs the High-Security Registration Plate has to register for it. The owner has to provide the details to the providing authorities.
The benefits of the High-Security Registration Plate are as follows.
- The vehicle registration data will be available for the enforcement agencies easily.
- As a result, traffic management will become easy.
- They can easily access the vehicle’s details and the owner’s registration for HSRP.
- These are tamper-proof plates.
- The traffic people can track the plate easily if it is stolen, as they are traceable.
HSRP Color code stickers Introduced In 2021:
The HSRP colour code stickers are also made mandatory by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Govt of India. So, people should apply for colour code stickers for their vehicles.
These stickers are mandatory for vehicles with windscreens. The transport department has approved more than 300 dealers to provide HSRP Delhi and colour-coded stickers. You can register for that online and get the colour-coded stickers.
Two and Four wheeler owners can register or book the HSRP from the Book-my-HSRP option on the official website of the state transport department.
How to replace the HSRP if damaged?
You can replace the HSRP plate by applying for the replacement of HSRP in the official portal. You only have to apply online and then pay the replacement fee to get the new HSRP from the transport department.
If you have lost the plate, you must file an FIR at the police station and submit one copy for reissuing the HSRP. So they can easily trace the number plate, which is also useful for the future.
HSRP registration fee for 2-wheelers is Rs 400 and for 4-wheelers (depending on category) is Rs 1100.
Yes, it is possible, but it depends on your state. The registration process varies from state to state.
“This is illegal, and without registration and a high-security registration plate (HSRP), you can’t drive the vehicle.