Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana was established by the PM of our country Shri Narendra Modi in 2017 to advantage the country’s older adults. The central government will contribute life support to the aged citizens of the country under this scheme.
Through this scheme, mandatory equipment for the living of senior citizens is distributed through camps. These accessories should be of high quality and should be manufactured as per the rules prescribed by the Bureau of India Standards.
In this article, let us see all the details about Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana like application process, eligibility, documents, benefits, etc.,
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana 2022
The benefit of this scheme is to provide to the country’s senior citizens who are living below the poverty line. Since the beginning of 2017, hundreds of older adults have benefited through the Rashtriya Vayoshri scheme.
The government will provide wheelchairs and other assistive devices free of cost to the older adults living below the poverty line. The Central Government will bear its entire amount. Interested candidates of the country who want to benefit from this scheme will have to apply.
After which life assistance will be provided to the older people by the central government. Under this Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana 2022, free equipment is distributed to eligible senior citizens according to their disability/infirmity.
As everyone knows, citizens need the most support after the age of 60 years. Their children support some senior people in old age while some older people do not get support.
Similarly, to support the poor older people, the Central Government has begun Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojna.
Through this scheme, wheelchairs and other assistive devices are provided free of cost to the older people living below the poverty line.
The primary objective of this Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana 2022 is to be useful to the senior citizens of the poor area of society who face difficulties in moving with increasing age.
Key Facts of Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana 2022
- Under this scheme, the central government provides people living below the poverty line or poor life aids like wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
- Under Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana 2022, free equipment is distributed to eligible senior citizens according to their disability/infirmity.
- In case of multiple disabilities/infirmities found in the same person, separate equipment is provided for each disability/weakness.
- These devices will help senior citizens cope with age-related physical problems and lead a better life while reducing dependence on other family members.
- According to the 2011 census, senior citizens in India are 10.38 crores. More than 70% of the senior citizens live in rural areas and suffer from old age disabilities. To help all these older people through this Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojna 2022.
- The benefit of rashtriyavayoshriyojna is continued to the older adults living below the poverty line.
- Under the scheme, equipment is provided to the applicant family free of cost.
- The number of devices to each applicant family in the country will depend on the number of applicant members in the family.
Note: Equipment is provided to each candidate only after examination by a doctor.
Types of equipment
- Walking stick
- elbow crunches
- Hearing aids
- The candidate needs to be a resident of India.
- Older adults whose age will be more than 60 years are eligible
- Economically weak families coming from BPL/APL category are eligible under the scheme.
- Aadhar card
- Identity card
- Ration card
- Related documents in case of going for retirement pension
- Certificate or medical report in case of physical incapacity
- Mobile number
- Passport size photo
Rashtriya Vayoshri Online Application Process
Given below is the Rashtriya Vayoshri Online application process:
- Visit the official website of the Department of Justice and Social Welfare.
- Click on the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana Registration option.
- A registration form will appear on the new page.
- Fill in all the details in the registration form, such as name, address, state, city, mobile number, date of birth, age, etc.
- After filling in the details, upload the required documents.
- Fill in the captcha code.
- Click on the submit button.
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana Online Application Status Check
- Visit the official website
- Click on Track & View option.
- Enter your registration number etc.
- Click on the search option.