What is a UAN card?
UAN Stands for Universal Account Number. UAN card contains 12 digits unique identification number. The UAN card is assigned by the Employee’s Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). The ministry of employment and labour issues it under the directives of the Government of India. As per the employee provident fund act of 1952.
If an employee Switches jobs, they will receive a new identification number (ID) from the EPFO. Then an employee has to link the existing UAN Account.
Here are some details about Universal Account Number does contains:
- It has a unique account number of 12 digits as UAE
- Name of an employee
- Name of husband or father
- You can quickly enter in EPF office using a QR code
- KYC verified or not
- Date stamp of PF account
In this page, we will discuss the importance of the UAN card, the Benefits of the UAN card, the Documents required to open UAN, How to log in and activate the EPFO website using UAN?, And Some easy steps to download a Universal Account number card
Importance of Universal Account Number:
Here we discuss the importance of the UAN card as follows.
- UAN Card is used to checking credits and debits in the PF account.
- It remains unique and the same until the retirement of one employee.
- Employees can withdraw and transfer funds through this card without depending on the employer.
- With a UAN card, the employees can easily track monthly deposits.
Benefits of UAN card:
Below are discussed some benefits of the UAN Card. There are a lot of uses when you have a Universal Account Number.
- An employee can view their EPF balance by Simple logging into their account Online.
- It is entirely secure. No one accesses your UAN.
- As an employee, you can also withdraw the amount from your EPF account easily
- And also, you can quickly transfer funds from your EPF amount.
- The main advantage of a UAN card is that since your unique UAN remains the same throughout your professional life, you can enjoy hassle-free transfer of your EPF account balance when you switch to another job.
- Through a UAN card, you can easily ensure faster EPF Withdrawals transfer at any time.
Documents required to open UAN:
If you have just entered your first in a registered company, you require the following documents to get your Unique Account Number.
- Bank account details require an account number, IFSC code, and branch name.
- ID Proof –national identity card like Driving License, Passport, Voter ID, Aadhaar, SSLC Book
- Aadhaar Card – the employee, must link Aadhaar to a bank account and mobile number.
- Address Proof- provide rental/lease agreement, a recent utility bill in your name, ID proof mentioned above if it has your current address.
- You should link your PAN card – Your PAN Number should link to UAN.
How to Login and activate the EPFO website using UAN? :
If you want to activate UAN, you must have your Universal Account Number and provident Fund IDs. Some steps to activate UAN are as follows:
Step 1: Go to the official EPFO home page and click on ‘for employees‘ under our Services on the dashboard.
Step 2: Then click on ‘member UAN/online Service’ in the service section to reach the UAN portal.
Next Step 3:
- Enter your UAN card number, mobile number and PF member Identification number.
- Then enter the given captcha characters. After clicking on the ‘Get authorization PIN button,’ you will receive the PIN on your mobile number.
- Click on ‘I Agree’ under the checkbox; enter the OTP that you receive on your registered mobile number, and now click on the ‘Validate OTP’ option and then Activate UAN.
- So, On UAN activation, you will receive a password on your registered mobile number to access your account.
- If you wish to change your password, it is possible when you log into the UAN portal with your Universal Account Number as id and the password you receive on your mobile number.
AP Crop Insurance | Registration, Status and Beneficiary List
Some easy steps to download a Universal Account number card:
To download the UAN card first, you need to log in to the EPF official website using your Universal Account Number and password. So you have to look for the ‘view’ and then click on the ‘UAN’ card. Then there is how to download and Print a UAN card easily using EPFO online as follows:
- Log in to the EPFO, using your UAN and Password
- Under the ‘View’ section, then Click on ‘UAN Card‘ You can also ‘Download’ your Passbook
- The other screen will display your UAN card on the portal. Then click on the ‘Download’ UAN card from the option on the top right-hand side of the screen.
- You can either save a soft copy or print a hard copy and keep it with yourself for future use.
How to download the EPFO passbook:
The process to download and view the PF passbook is very simple. And the format should do it on the EPF portal. Here are some steps to download UAN Card or EPF passbook.
- As an employee, firstly, you must visit the official website.
- next, you should click on the ‘e-passbook’ option
- it displays a new tab on that; you must enter your UAN, password, and captcha details
- Then you must click on ‘Login.’
- On the next page, it displays the member ID. If you have various Member IDs, you will display all of yours on the screen.
- Then you must click on the Member ID of which the PF statement you would like to download.
- Once you click on the Member ID, it displays PF account details such as the employee’s name, name of the organization, office located place, and the contribution made towards the Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) account.
- You will be able to download the PF statement in PDF format. At the same time, you can take a printout of the statement.