- 1 What is a PAN Card?
- 1.1 Structure
- 1.2 History
- 1.3 Documents Required to Apply for a PAN Card
- 1.4 How to apply for a PAN card Online?
- 1.5 Do’s and Doesn’t to apply for a PAN card.
- 1.6 Types
- 1.7 How to correct PAN Card online?
What is a PAN Card?
A PAN Card (permanent account number) is a ten-digit range essential for each human’s revenue enhancement functions and identification proof. Then it’s issued to assess people, companies, and firms.
IT Department collectively issues e-PAN from Associate in Nursing electronic reasonably PAN Card and is digitally signed. It’s soundproof of allotment of PAN.
That international organization agency is required to file taxes ought to have a PAN. That global organization agency that does economic or financial transactions where PAN Card is critical ought to have a PAN.
A PAN card contains vital data like name, father’s name, date of birth, address, signature, photograph, and PAN card number. However, there’s a specific format followed in the allotment of a PAN card number.
The PAN card number is a ten-digit alphanumerical figure; therefore, it contains each number and alphabets. In ten-digit alphanumerics of PAN card are:
- The first three letters contain numbers and alphabets;
- the fourth letter represents the class below that the remunerator is classified. For example, the letter P is allotted to individual taxpayers, F indicates firms, C to firms, and L means agency.
- Further, the fifth letter is the initial of the cardboard holder’s last name.
- Out of the remaining five letters, the primary four are numerics, whereas the last letter is the Associates with the alphabet.
Before the thought of PAN was introduced, it gave a GIR number to taxpayers. It was essentially a manual system and was distinctive solely at intervals ward or below a specific assessing officer.
However, the quantity wasn’t distinctive at the country level. Since GIR Number distinctive, not distinctive, there might be higher probabilities of misreckoning and errors or mistaken identity cases throughout the assessment.
The Assessing Officer assigned the GIR number to a remunerator, and it enclosed the Assessing Officer’s data.
In 1972, PAN’s thought was extended by the Indian government and created statutory below section 139A of the revenue enhancement Act, 1961.
At the start of a voluntary method, PAN was designed necessarily for all tax-paying people in 1976. The initial PAN range allotments were created manually, and to avoid duplication, every ward/circle received a precise set of numbers. This series abandoned within the year 1995.
Documents Required to Apply for a PAN Card
- Aadhaar card
- Date of birth
- Address proof
- Voter ID
How to apply for a PAN card Online?
Following is the process to apply for a PAN card:
- First of all, the applicant needs to go to the official website by typing https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html in the search bar browser.
- Now fill the application form with all your details.
- Attach all the required documents to it.
- Now you need to pay 93 rupees through internet banking mode or debit card, credit card.
- After your successful payment, you will get an acknowledgment slip on the screen.
- So save that acknowledgment number for further reference.
- Finally, after verification PAN card is sent to you through a courier.
Do’s and Doesn’t to apply for a PAN card.
Following are the do’s and doesn’t during filing of PAN card application form:
- Ensure that should enter the information in capital letters.
- Do not skip any column wherever obligatory data is needed.
- Enter a functioning and active phone number that may keep you updated with messages and calls.
- Cross verify all details before the ultimate submission of the application form.
- Do not add salutations last names, such as Mr, Mrs, Miss, or Dr.
- Enter the proper address so the PAN card is updated suitably.
- Make sure that the documents attached are clear or not.
There are four different types of PAN cards. They are:
- PAN card for individual citizens.
- Government issues PAN cards to Indian companies.
- Government issues PAN cards to foreign companies.
- PAN card issued to foreign citizens.
How to correct PAN Card online?
The following process is to correct PAN card online:
- Applicants need to visit the official site by typing https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correction.html.
- After that, visit ‘Application Type’ and enter OTP for changes or necessary correction in PAN Data select ‘Individual’ as a category.
- Fill in details like Title, Last name/surname, First name, Date of Birth, address, email id, PAN number, whether or not national of the country, and captcha code.
- once filling altogether check before, you would like to click on ‘Submit.’
- At that time, you will get a message, “We thanks for exploitation the online PAN application service of NSDL e-Gov.
- Your request is with success Registered with Token choice xxxxxxxxx, and so, constant has been sent on your email id provided among the PAN form.
- Click the below option to fill the remaining PAN sort.” you would like to click on ‘Continue with PAN type.”
- Then automatically redirected to the online PAN application page. Check all the significant points} crammed antecedently.
- then update correct details which you want to change in PAN card like name, address, date of birth and surname, etc.”
- If you update the pic, signature on PAN, you’ll be able to by clicking ‘Photo’ and ‘Signature mismatch’ on the page.
- Once all the main points unit of measure crammed, you would like to click on ‘Next.’
- Once following all the steps, you will get an associate acknowledgment slip, which can generate.