- 1 What is Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana?
What is Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana?
The Indian government introduced a welfare program to provide the employees with ESIC benefits and named Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana. According to the scheme, the insured employees are compensated with cash by Employee State Insurance Corporation after the unemployed.
For employees who lost their jobs due to COVID 19, the government is giving money for the next 24 months under this scheme, and it’s a great relief for the employees. The employees can download the registration form from the official website of the Atal insured person welfare scheme and apply offline.
Benefits of Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana
- The employees who become unemployed will get financial assistance from the government under this scheme.
- Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) will operate the scheme.
- All the organized sector employees are consider under the scheme.
- Employees can avail of this benefit only once under this scheme.
- The monitory benefit is directly transferred to the employee’s bank account.
- The employee must be sick for at least two years is mandatory to benefit from the scheme.
- ESIC also increased the exorbitant expenses paid on the death of the insured employees from Rs 10000 to Rs 15000.
- 35 Lakh of employees benefited under this scheme.
Eligibility of Atal Insured Person Welfare Scheme
- Only unemployed insured employees are eligible under the scheme.
- The insured employee must work in insurable employment for a minimum period of 2 years.
- The insured should not contribute less than 78 days during each of the preceding four periods.
- The relation contribution of employees paid or payable through the employer.
- Employee possibility of unemployment must not result in misconduct or any punishment or redundancy for voluntary retirement.
- Insured person bank details submitted must link with the Aadhaar.
- If the insured employee is working for more than one employer and covered under ESI, he is considered unemploye when unemployed with all the employers.
Changes made on Rules Due to Corona Virus.
Due to Coronavirus whole world is suffering, and especially in India, many of the employees lost their employment and experiencing a financial crisis. Under the Atal Beemit Vyakti Yojana, if an insured employee loses their job, the government provides financial assistance. The government is giving a 25% subsidy on the employee’s first salary but due to this COVID, increased to 50% of salary.
Previously the Indian government provided financial assistance within 90 days but now reduced to 30 days. Earlier, the money was first transferred to the employer and then to the employee, but now the amount is directly transfer to the employee’s bank account.
The relaxation period is due to the Coronavirus and lasts from March 24th, 2020, to December 31st, 2020. Depending on the demand and need, the relaxation may be from January 1st, 2021, to June 30th, 2021. And will decide whether the relaxation, to continue or not.
Who will not take advantage of the scheme?
- A person is expel from the company for another reason.
- If the person involved and filed in a criminal case cannot avail of the advantage.
- Employees who retire from employment will not avail of the scheme.
- Employees who already availed of the benefit I not eligible for the other time.
The process to Apply for Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana
- Interested employees who want to apply for Atal Insured Person Welfare Scheme must visit the official website of ESIC.
- Click on the link of the Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana link and download the application form.
- After downloading, fill the form with the required details and attach the necessary documents.
- Along with the form, a notarized affidavit was given on a non-judicial paper of Rs 20 to submit all four forms.
- The government is planning to provide an online web portal to get more information related to the scheme.
Is this scheme apply online?
No, the applicants must download the form, fill it and submit it manually.
Where must the employees submit the application form?
The employees must submit the filled application form at the designated bank.