The FSSAI Certificate of India is a premier government body that underpins standards for the selling, packaging or storing food items in India. To ensure the utmost food safety, the FSSAI has mandated every food business operator to secure an applicable food license.
- 0.1 FSSAI Certificate Registration
- 0.2 Documents Required for FSSAI Registration
- 0.3 Types of FSSAI Licenses
- 0.4 Who Require to Apply for FSSAI License?
- 0.5 FSSAI Certificate License Renewal
- 1 How to download the FSSAI certificate online?
FSSAI Certificate Registration
FSSAI Certificate registration is compulsory for anyone involved in the food business. Be it food processing, manufacturing, distributing, selling, or packaging. To run your business, you should obtain an FSSAI registration. The FSSAI will issue the FSSAI registration/license (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India). This institution inspects food establishments following the guidelines and regulations outlined in the FSSAI Act of 2006.
- Go to Official Website
- Click on Apply for New Registration
- Fill in all the details.
- Click on apply.
Fees structure for FSSAI License/Registration
Below is the fee structure for FSSAI Certificate.
- Fees for a basic FSSAI License has fixed at INR 100 for one year.
- The FSSAI State License fees range from INR 2000/- to 5000/- a year.
- Prices for FSSAI Central license has fixed at INR 7500/- per year.
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration
The following documents are required for FSSAI Certificate.
- Duly filled and signed application form.
- Passport-sized photographs
- Identity proof of Applicant (Food Business Operator)
- Proof of property ownership
- Address Proof
- Business Address Proof
- Rent Agreement
- Food safety management system plan or certificate
- List of food items to use
- Certificate of incorporation
Types of FSSAI Licenses
FSSAI License Registration is categorized under three categories as mentioned below:
- FSSAI Basic Registration: Annual turnover below Rs. 12 lahks for food businesses
- State FSSAI License: Annual turnover of more than Rs. 12 lahks but below Rs. 20 crores for food businesses
- FSSAI Central License: Annual turnover of more than Rs. 20 crores for food businesses
Who Require to Apply for FSSAI License?
From sellers and home vendors to giant food chains, everyone operating in the food industry must register with FSSAI. Irrespective of whether you are using offline or online or whether you are a local player or into importing or exporting food products, you need to register with FSSAI.
If your food-related business falls in any one of the below-list categories, then a food license is compulsory for you:
FSSAI Certificate License Renewal
The food license allotted has a validity of one year and can increase to a maximum of 5 years by the food regulatory body. When license validity expires, the food business operator becomes liable for an FSSAI license renewal. The FSSAI renewal system is manageable and should consider immediately to avoid penalties. FSSAI has released guidelines stating that 30 days before the expiry of the license, the food safety registration must renew.
- Form A or B, as required
- Declaration by the Proprietor or Director that they will comply with the updated Rules and Regulations under FSSAI
- Photo ID proof of the Proprietor or Director
Renewal Process for FSSAI Certificate
- Go to Official Website
- Click on Apply for FSSAI Renewal
- Provide License/Registration No. Give Validity End Date of Certificate
- Click on apply.
How to download the FSSAI certificate online?
Every Food and Beverage organization (FBO) in India needs an FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) license or registration. It is a legal requirement so that a food business can be operational. An FSSAI Certificate license is a document that certifies that the food business has complied with all the regulations and guidelines set by the FSSAI. Food organizations need this certificate to access all the FSSAI registration services. If you need to download the certificate, here’s how to do it:
- Visit Official Website: The first step is to visit the FSSAI FoSCoS website. Once on the website, click the ‘Login-Businesses’ tab.
- Sign in to your account: This will take you to a new page. You must enter your application or registration number and click the proceed button.
- Go to the ‘Dashboard’ page: After you’ve logged in to your account, you will take to the ‘Dashboard’ page. This page displays all the licenses and registrations associated with your account.
- Select the license/registration for which you need the certificate: On the ‘Dashboard’ page, you’ll see a list of all your licenses and registrations. Find the license or registration for which you need the certificate and click the ‘View’ button next to it.
- Download the certificate: On the license/registration details page, you’ll see a button labelled ‘Download Certificate’. Click on this button to download your certificate. The certificate will download in PDF format.
Food Licence HelpLine
These are the FSSAI Certificate-related helplines.
- Helpline: 1800112100 (7:00 am to 11 pm)
- Email: email@example.com
FSSAI Certificate is a premier government body that underpins standards for the selling, packaging or storing of food items in India. To ensure the utmost food safety, the FSSAI has mandated every food business operator to secure an applicable food license.
The basic FSSAI license will deliver in 7 working days.
State license and Central license will provide in 30 days.
Visit the FoSCos website and click the ‘Login-Businesses’ option on the homepage. Enter your Password, Username, and Captcha and click the ‘Sign-in’ button. The dashboard will display on the screen. Click on the ‘Issued’ option.