The West Bengal Government introduced the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship. The Scholarship aims to assist scholars who need more support in pursuing higher studies.
The scheme helps Class 11, 12, undergraduate, and postgraduate students to pursue their education. Students can complete the online application for SVMCM Scholarship 2023 or Bikash Bhavan Scholarship, or SVMCM (Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme), from August 17, 2022, through the official website, svmcm.wbhed.gov.in.
- 1 Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Details
- 1.1 Eligibility Criteria Bikash Bhavan Scholarship:
- 1.2 Required Documents for Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
- 1.3 How to online apply for Bikash Bhavan
- 1.4 Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Amount
- 1.5 Renewal of Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023
- 1.6 Upload Documents for Renewal Application:
- 1.7 FAQs
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Details
|Scholarship Name||Bikash Bhavan Scholarship or Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme (SVMCM)|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Government|
|Online Application start date||August 17, 2022|
|SVMCM Renewal Application date||August 17, 2022|
|Bikash Bhavan Scholarship||Official Website|
|Mode of application||Online|
Eligibility Criteria Bikash Bhavan Scholarship:
These are the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Eligibilities. Check before applying for Bikash Bhavan Scheme.
- The Candidate should be a citizen of West Bengal. Applicant must belong to the EBC community.
- 11th, 12th class, diploma, and UG degree students should score at least 75 per cent marks.
- Students pursuing a PG degree must maintain a minimum of 55% marks.
- The annual income of the beneficiary’s parents must be Rs 2.50/- lakhs.
Required Documents for Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
Below are the documents required to submit while applying for the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship.
- Madhyamik Examination Mark sheet or it’s equivalent (Both sides)
- Mark sheet of University/last Board/College examination (Both sides)
- Admission receipt
- Income certificate of the family (Not Applicable for Kanyashree)
- Local area certificate (Domicile certificate) as an Aadhaar/Ration card/ID/Voter ID/Certificate Issued by the concerned authority
- Scan copies of the Bank Passbook (1st Page, containing A/C No. and IFSC)
How to online apply for Bikash Bhavan
Before completing the form, students must check all the guidelines and eligibility criteria for the SVMCM Scholarship 2023. After that, follow the below-given application procedure to submit the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship application. First, Check the User Manual.
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the ‘Student’s panel.’
- After that, click on ‘Fresh Registration.’
- Select the district, and after that registration form will open.
- Complete the registration form, and get the login credentials.
- Login using the credentials, and now fill up the remaining registration form.
- Upload the required documents in the required format and size.
- After successfully uploading documents, check the application once and submit it.
After submission of the application, students are not allowed to edit their application. In case of any issue, students can approach the concerned HOI/DI for such modification.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Amount
|Non-NET MPhil||Rs 5000 per month.|
|Non-NET PhD.||Rs 8000 per month.|
|Postgraduate in Arts||Rs 2000 per month.|
|PG in Commerce||Rs 2000 per month.|
|Postgraduate in Science||Rs 2500 per month.|
|PG in Other UGC-approved Professional courses.||Rs 2500 per month.|
|Undergraduate in Arts||Rs 1000 per month.|
|UG in Commerce||Rs 1000 per month.|
|Undergraduate in Diploma courses||Rs 1500 per month.|
|UG in Medical courses||Rs 5000 per month.|
|Undergraduate in Polytechnic||Rs 1500 per month.|
|UG in Science||Rs 1500 per month.|
|Undergraduate/ Postgraduate in AICTE-approved Engineering or Other Professional Courses||Rs 5000 per month.|
|UG in other UGC approved Professional courses||Rs 1500 per month.|
Renewal of Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023
Students who want to renew their Swami Vivekananda Scholarship application will be required to connect with the concerned Scholarship sanctioning authority within one month of their admission to the next higher class due to promotion by passing on the first attempt.
For degree/postgraduate(PG) students
- Renewal 1: Submission of SEM 1 & 2 Marksheet required
- Renewal 2: Submission of SEM 3 & 4 Marksheet required
The renewal of the Bikash Scholarship for mbbs students
- Renewal 1: With the submission of the 1st MBBS mark sheet
- Renewal 2: 2nd Prof MBBS mark sheet will need to furnish for the 2nd renewal in the following year.
- 3rd And Final Renewal: 3rd Prof Part 1 MBBS mark sheet will need to furnish for the 3rd and final renewal in the following year.
Upload Documents for Renewal Application:
- Marksheet copies of the last examination in the present course of study. (Both sides and, in the case of the semester examination system, both semester Marksheets).
- Admission certificate for advancement to the next higher class
SVMCM Contact Information:
If any queries and questions come to your mind regarding the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, you may contact the helpline number and email Ids below. Helpline No: 1800 102 8014
The last date for the Scholarship is July 7, 2023.
Yes, it is a scholarship provided by the government of West Bengal to economically walker students.
For Post Graduate Level Scholarship (General Education), students must have 53% in aggregate in Graduation (Honours Subject) from any State University and 55% in Graduate Courses from any State University or AICTE-approved Institute of West Bengal.
The state government of West Bengal offers Bikash Bhavan Scholarship to students from class 12 to the postdoctoral level. The Scholarship is also known as the Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship (SVMCM).