Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) lets passengers change the boarding station in the IRCTC app after booking tickets online. Emergencies or sudden changes in the travel schedule often require passengers to change their travel plans.
The facility of changing boarding stations is applicable only for tickets reserved online and not for tickets reserved through journey agents or passenger reservation systems.
Change boarding station in IRCTC
In the earlier version, you were not allowed to change the boarding station in IRCTC app after booking your ticket. But recently, IRCTC can help you in this process as well.
Many people find it difficult to cancel and rebook a ticket because of the need to pay for the cancellation.
Calling the station managers and informing them of your plan change is also cumbersome because it is very difficult to get their telephone numbers. But now, with this new moderation, people can change their boarding station conveniently.
Steps to change boarding station in IRCTC
- Login to the IRCTC website with your login ID and password.
- Click on the ‘Booking Ticket History’ option.
- You will redirect to the booked train tickets page.
- You can select the right train for which you want to change your boarding point and select the train on the radio button.
- Make sure you select the right train before choosing.
- Click on the ‘Change Boarding Point’ button.
- You will redirect to the ‘Change Boarding Point’ page, where you can see the train components you would like to change the boarding station.
- Select a new boarding station from the drop-down menu in the Change Boarding Station section.
Passengers who have reserved e-tickets can change their boarding station online 24 hours before train departure. Once a passenger changes boarding points, he loses all rights to board the train from the original boarding point.
If found to be travelling without the required authorization, the passenger shall pay the fare with a penalty between the original and revised boarding points.
How can I change my boarding station in IRCTC Paytm?
Here’s what you must do to change boarding stations using the Paytm app.
- While booking a ticket, check for alternate stations where you can get a seat.
- Book a ticket from an alternate station but mention the desired boarding station to get confirmed tickets.
Key things to keep in mind while changing boarding stations in IRCTC
- IRCTC states on its website that a passenger who has booked online tickets through IRCTC can change his boarding station online twenty-four hours before train departure.
- The new element will be available to all passengers who have booked their train tickets online, not through travel agencies or the passenger reservation system.
- As per the IRCTC website, once a passenger changes boarding points, he loses all rights to board the rail from the initial boarding point.
- The IRCTC website states that a change of boarding point had allowed only once.
- Suppose you are found to be travelling without the required authorization. The passenger shall pay the fare with a penalty between the original and revised boarding points.
- No change of boarding point had been allowed if the ticket had been seized.
- Change of boarding point had not allowed for PNRs with the VIKALP option.
- Online boarding certain changes had not allowed for I-Ticket.
- As per IRCTC norms, a change of boarding point had not allowed for an existing booking ticket.
1. Can I change the boarding point in IRCTC app after booking?
Yes, if you use the IRCTC app to book tickets, you can always change the boarding point after booking your ticket.
2. Can I board the train from another station?
Yes, if you want to board the train from a station other than the one you have booked, you can do so.
3. Is it feasible to change the boarding station in IRCTC?
IRCTC allows you to easily change the boarding station from your booked ticket.
4. Can I board the train after 1 station?
As per IRCTC rules, a change of boarding station had done only once. Suppose you board the rail from a station other than the boarding station without changing the ticket. In that case, you will have to expend the difference in fare between the boarding point and the revised boarding point along with the fine.
5. What happens if I board the train from the next station?
You will have to pay the penalty if you catch the train from another boarding station. And the fare difference between the boarding and revised boarding points. As per IRCTC rules- change at the boarding station can be done only once. So when you make the change, be sure.
6. Can we take a train from the next station?
Suppose you miss the train from the designated boarding station. In that case, the TTE will not be able to allot your berth to anyone else until the train passes the next two stops or within the next hour (whichever is earlier). Thus the rule allows you to board the train from the next upcoming station if possible.