Metro is the public transport that many people use for transportation. If you want to check the Delhi Metro card balance, there are some ways. The article below provides information about seeing the card balance online and offline.
- 1 Delhi Metro Card:
Delhi Metro Card:
As the capital of India, Delhi is one of the country’s most populated and busiest places. Metro is the public transportation that most of the public use to transport in the city. There are 250 stations under the Delhi Metro system. It is always challenging to buy tickets if you are a regular metro traveller. Delhi Metro Card is a convenient option to travel by metro train without purchasing a ticket. The cardholders need to recharge the card and use it for transportation. You can check the card’s balance often; if it is over, you can renew it immediately.
How to check Delhi Metro Card balance:
There are three significant ways to check the balance for Delhi Metro Card. It has both online and offline methods. We can check the balance through,
Through Ticket Reader/ Add value machine:
To check the balance, follow the below steps.
- Firstly, insert the card in the card reader slot available in the vending machine.
- Next, the ‘Balance/Recharge’ option is on the screen. Click on it.
- Now the balance will be displayed on the screen. Check the balance, and if you want to recharge, click on the ‘Recharge’ option.
- Then restore the card by following the instructions given on the screen.
Automatic vending machine:
This is the offline method to check the balance. For this, you need to visit the metro station and, after visiting, follow the below steps. Vending machines in every metro station are easily accessible.
- First, visit any metro station in Delhi.
- Next, place your Delhi Metro card on the automatic vending machine.
- Then you can see the ‘Enquiry’ option on the screen. Click on it.
- Now click on the ‘Check balance’ option that you will see on the net.
- The balance of the card is visible on the net. Check it.
This is one of the most direct ways to check the card’s balance.
- Firstly, you need to download the Paytm app on your device and open it.
- If you are a new user, create an account; if not, log in to your account.
- Now search for the ‘Metro’ option and click on it.
- Then select the ‘Delhi metro’ option to check the balance.
- Next, enter the 12-digit number that you can see on your card.
- Enter that number and click on the ‘Check balance’ option.
How to recharge the Delhi metro card?
After checking the balance on the Delhi Metro card, you can recharge it if needed. The following are the ways to restore it.
Via DMRC website:
DMRC is the official website of the metro station. Follow the below steps to recharge the Delhi metro card.
- Visit the official website DMRC available in any browser. Click on Recharge Smart Card.
- On the homepage, open the Quick Top-up section on the page top.
- Then enter your smart card number in the amount and captcha code section.
- Next, make the payment using any payment method.
- Finally, visit the AVM close to EFO and customer care at every metro station. Then top-up the recharge of your smart card.
- Download the Paytm app on your device and create an account.
- On the app, scroll down under the ticket booking section and check for the metro ticket option.
- Now select the Delhi metro option from it.
- Next, select the smart card recharge option under the ‘Choose an option to travel’ option.
- Then enter your card number and make the payment.
- After making the payment, you will be notified that the recharge is complete.
You can recharge the metro smart card using Phonepe app. Follow the below steps to restore via Phonepe.
- Download the Phonepe app on your device.
- Create an account or log in to your account.
- Now go to the ‘recharge & pay’ option and click ‘See all options.
- Under that, select the Mtero option and click the Delhi metro option.
- Then select the ‘Add& recharge metro card’ option.
- Fill in all your details and make the payment.
We can check the metro card balance online using the Paytm app.
There are three significant ways to check the balance. They are Via Ticket reader, Automatic vending machine and Paytm app.
The easiest way to recharge the metro smart card is through online methods.
We can recharge metro smart cards using DMRC official website, Phonepe and Paytm apps.