Tamil Nadu State introduced the web portal Patta Chitta to a set of documents that prove the ownership of a piece of land. Through this portal, citizens can view PattaChitta, Poramboke Land, and know the Patta Chitta online status.
This portal contains critical land record information like village, taluk, district, landowners name, survey number, sub-division, Patta number, etc.
As a Digitization of land records process, Tamil Nadu state launched this web portal to view all the related land records online for every citizen in the state.
After launching the web portal as a part of digitization, the state is doing wonders.
- 1 What is Patta?
- 2 What is Chitta?
- 3 What is Adangal?
- 3.1 Services Available
- 3.2 Documents Required for Online Patta Chitta
- 3.3 How to change the name in Patta?
- 3.4 How to Apply/View/Download for Patta Chitta Online?
- 3.5 How to Know the Application of Patta Chitta Online Status?
- 3.6 Download PattaChitta Mobile App
- 3.7 Contact
What is Patta?
The legitimate document which displays the owner of the land and its revenue records called Patta. Patta is also referred to as the RoR document.
In Patta, we find the details of the land as
- Owner name
- Patta number
- size of the area
- survey number & sub-division
- address of land
- tax details
- state of the land, i.e., wetland or dryland, tax-related details, etc.
What is Chitta?
Chitta is also a legitimate revenue document managed by Taluk and Administration officers. Chitta also provides land details as the owner, area, address, etc. The main key function of Chitta is to display the sort of land/property.
Wetland is called Nanjai, and the dryland is Punjai. Till the year 2014, the Patta and Chitta were issued separately by the Tamil Nadu government, but from 2015 the two documents are merged into a single record.
What is Adangal?
Adangal is also one type of land record maintained by the Village Administration Officer (VAO). It is written every year by the VAO and is known as Village account no.2.
Adangal documents have details of Patta lands, whether the land is wet/dry/manavari, evaluate wastelands and poramboke land.
VAO’s primary duty is to register the details of crops raised in lands, trees standing on all government lands, cases of unauthorized occupation of government lands, and Fasli Jasthi and Theervali Jasthi, etc., in Adangal.
Village Administration Officer must record the crops every month so that Adangal provides a timeline of ownership and can use property, making it invaluable in establishing property title.
- Patta Chitta online application
- Check status of Patta hitta
- Verify & Transfer PattaChitta
- Verify Poramboke Land
- View Register extract
- No application Status
Documents Required for Online Patta Chitta
Below documents required while applying for online Patta Chitta.
- The sale Deed with photocopy needs to submit to the tehsildar or concerned office for verification.
- You need to submit the identification to prove that the land belongs to you. For that, submit paid tax receipt or electricity bill as document proof of possession.
- Encumbrance certificate.
How to change the name in Patta?
- First, we need to go to the concerned village administration office.
- After visiting, ask for the name change form.
- Fill the form with the necessary information carefully.
- Now, attach all the documents needed as sale deed, electricity bill, tax receipt, encumbrance certificate, etc.
- Again visit the administration office and submit the name change form.
- It takes 30 days to reflect the changes in Patta.
How to Apply/View/Download for Patta Chitta Online?
- To apply/view Patta Chitta online, visit the official web portal of Tamil Nadu revenue services.
- On the home page, click on the “view Patta & FMB/Chitta online/TSLR Extract” option.
- A new page opens, selects the District, Area (Urban/Rural), and clicks on submit.
- A page appears to enter the district’s details, taluk, town, ward, block, survey number/Patta number, sub-division number, authentication value, and click on submit.
How to View A-Register Extract?
- Visit the official website of Tamil Nadu’s revenue services.
- On the home page, click on the “view A-Register extract.”
- A new page opens, enter the details of district, taluk, village, survey number, select sub-division number, an authentication value.
- Verify the details entered and click on submit. The document will appear.
How to verify Patta online?
- To verify the Patta certificate online, visit the Tamil Nadu revenue services portal.
- Click on the “verify Patta” on the home page.
- Enter the reference number of Patta.
- Click on submit to verify.
Verify Poramboke Land
- To verify the poramboke land, go to the website of TN Government e-Services.
- Click on verify poramboke land on the home page.
- A new page appears, select district, taluk, village, and enter survey number, sub-division number.
- Check the entered details and click on the submit option to view the land information.
How to Know the Application of Patta Chitta Online Status?
- To check the application of Patta Chitta online status in Tamil Nadu, visit the official website.
- Click on the “click here” at the bottom left side of the home page.
- A new page opens, enter the application ID and Captcha code.
- Click on the “get status” to know the application status.
For applying the Patta document online through the official web portal of Tamil Nadu land records, payment of Rs 100 must be done via online mode.
How to Transfer Patta Chitta?
To transfer Patta Chitta or sell the land or property:
- Need to apply tehsildar or concerned authorities of the respective district or village.
- Based on the examination of authorities, the application is sometimes accepted or rejected sometimes. The concerned authorities have the whole right to accept or reject any application.
Download PattaChitta Mobile App
- First, open the google play store on your mobile phones.
- Enter Patta Chitta Tamil Nadu on the search bar and click on search.
- There are many apps, and a list will appear, select the first result.
- Click on the download option.
- After downloading, it starts installing, and now we can open the Patta Chitta app on a mobile phone.
For any further information or facing any issues related to the Patta Chitta web portal, contact email@example.com.