Anwesha Scheme Odisha is a scheme that was started to help students from SC/ST categories for their education. Through this scheme, students can get admitted to leading English medium schools in Odisha. Eligible candidates can apply for this scheme through the official website and benefit from the procedure. This article has the details of the project that helps to get precise information about it.
About Anwesha scheme 2023
Every scheme that government starts for the development of the people. The Odisha government created the Anwesha scheme to help SC/ST students academically.
Through this scheme, students from the SC and ST are allowed admission to private English medium schools. More than 5,000 students from Odisha are eligible for this scheme. Students can have a chance to get access to all of Odisha’s urban cities.
In 2015, Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik launched the scheme for five years. Later it again extended for more years. Seventeen districts of Odisha got covered under this scheme.
Beneficiaries of this scheme can get all the expenses for their education in private schools. Costs like fees, uniforms, books etc., are covered for the students.
Benefits of Anwesha scheme:
There are some benefits from the Anwesha scheme for the children of Odisha. They are,
- Every child of Odisha from the SC/ST categories is eligible to get help from the project.
- The project provides all expenses like uniforms, hotel fees, books, etc.
- If students get higher scores, they can get scholarships.
- In future, the government may enrol more than 25000 students under the scheme.
The eligibility criteria to get benefits from the scheme are as follows,
- This scheme applies only to permanent residents of Odisha.
- SC/ST category children.
- It is for children’s education up to 12th standard.
- Children get admission for 1st standard.
Documents required to apply for the Anwesha scheme in Odisha are the following.
- Aadhar card
- Resident proof
- Age proof
- Bank account number
- SC/ST caste proof.
How to apply for the Anwesha scheme?
Most families from SC/ST categories apply for the Anwesha scheme to benefit from the plan. The following are the steps for online application.
- Firstly, visit the official website of the respective district provided by the Odisha government for every community.
- On the homepage, you can see the admission notification from 1st standard. Then a PDF file will appear. Click on it.
- Next, open the application form in the PDF file and download the document.
- Then fill out all the details correctly and provide all the details required.
- Next, attach the documents requested and submit the application form to the district collector’s office.
The main motive of the scheme is to help children from SC/ST families for getting admission to private English medium schools.
Children from SC/ST categories of Odisha state are eligible.
Till now, 17 districts of Odisha got benefited from the Anwesha scheme.
The application form for the scheme is available on the official website of the project provided by the government.