A Domicile certificate is an official document that the Karnataka State Government issues. A domicile or Residence certificate is proof of a person residing in a particular state. The Revenue Department Officer under the respective Taluk Office will issue this certificate.
- Residence proof: Bank passbook, rent agreement, utility bills
- ID proof: Permanent Account Number(PAN), Aadhaar card, Voter card, Passport, Ration card, and Driving license.
- Other documents: School leaving certificate, application form with the declaration, an affidavit from the tehsildar/court, passport-size photos, and birth certificate.
Documents to be submitted with the Application:
- Address Proof
- Electoral Photo Identity Card(EPIC)
- ID Proof
- Income Certificate
- Ration card
- Rental Agreement
- Application Fee: Rs.40
- Service Charge: Rs.30
- Service Time: 7 days
Apply Online for Domicile Certificate in Karnataka
- Go to Nadakacheri’s Home page website and click on Online Application.
- Select Apply Online from the drop-down.
- Please enter your mobile number.
- Click on ‘Get OTP’ to get OTP(One Time Password) on your mobile number.
- Click on ‘New Request.’
- Select Residence or Domicile Certificate in Karnataka, showing whether you want a certificate in Kannada or English.
- Enter user details; Red fields are compulsory.
- Select the delivery mode, as Nadakacheri or Registered Post.
- And upload all the documents. Red colour labels are mandatory; the remaining fields are optional for applications. Click on Save or Cancel.
- Click on Save, and then it will generate ACK no, and the user will get the same ACK no on his mobile.
- Click the OK button, then click on Online Payment to pay the fee. You can see the following message below. Click OK or Cancel for Payment.
- On the bill payment page, please select the card payment: Debit Cards, Credit Cards, select the Card Type, and click on Make Payment.
- Fill in the required details, then click on ‘Make Payment.’
- The Karnataka domicile certificate will proceed only after successfully paying the application fees. You can see the ACK no. And the final certificate can get at the Nadakacheri centre.
Tracking the Status of the Domicile Certificate:
- Go to the Nadakacheri official website.
- Click on Online Application.
- Select Application Status from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Acknowledgment number(ACK) that starts with RD.
- Click on Get Status to know the Status of an application.
A Person should have a single domicile. Applying for a domicile or residence certificate in two or more states is illegal.
It has life-long validity. Some states have restrictions. Its validity depends on the purpose. The minimum validity of the certificate can be six months.