- 1 Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card
- 1.1 Linking Mobile Number to Ration Card in Tamil Nadu
- 1.2 Benefits of Add/Link Mobile number to Ration Card
- 1.3 How to Check TNPDS Smart Ration Card Status Online
- 1.4 SMS services for the Registered Mobile Users
Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card
The Tamil Nadu Electronic Public Distribution System (tnpds.gov.in) was introduced by the Tamil Nadu state government to move the system of working from manual to automation. Tamil Nadu people get information on how to apply for smart cards, change from old ration cards to smart cards, and check the ration card status. People have to link a mobile number to ration cards for updates from TNEPDS.
There are three types of ration cards depending on the category of citizens of Tamil Nadu.
Light Green cardholders get rice and other commodities from the Fair Price Shops (FPS), and Antyodaya Anna Yojana cardholders are also included.
White cardholders will get extra 3 kg sugar on the prescribed quota.
Khaki cardholders are police personnel.
Linking Mobile Number to Ration Card in Tamil Nadu
Now people can register and link a mobile number to ration cards online through tnpds.gov.in’s official website. In this article, we provided the information on linking the phone number to the ration card. Nowadays, phone numbers are also linked with smart ration cards as linking Aadhaar cards.
As we know, the Aadhaar card linking with the ration card is done to get the commodities at subsidized prices. Supreme Court announced that Aadhaar is not mandatory to avail of the benefits.
Add/Link Mobile Number to Ration Card
- Visit the official website of tnpds.gov.in.
- We find a notice on the home page regarding the link mobile number to the ration card.
- In that notice, the users who want to add a mobile number to ration card or SMS services and phone number not registered must contact the helpdesk numbers 1967/1800-425-5901.
Benefits of Add/Link Mobile number to Ration Card
- People having smart cards can know all the details of the ration card.
- They can check the transactions and balances of commodities left.
- People can see all the family details.
- Users with the registered mobile number can easily download and install tnpds/tnepds into their mobiles.
- By adding or linking the mobile number, users can edit the details like add or remove family members, change the address, and change the family head name online.
- The users can also know the weight and price of each commodity spent.
SMS services for the Registered Mobile Users
- To know the availability of commodity at the ration shop, send SMS, PDS<space>101
- Send SMS to know the status of ration shop whether Open/Close, PDS<space>102
- To raise complaints about billing, send SMS, PDS<space>107
- According to their wish from the registered number, users can also send SMS to 9980904040 for any necessary query.