The Tamil Nadu Electronic Public Distribution System (tnpds.gov.in) was introduced by the Tamil Nadu state government to move the working system from manual to automatic. Tamil Nadu people get information on applying for smart cards, changing from old ration cards to smart cards, and checking the ration card status. People have to link a mobile number to ration card for updates from TNEPDS.
There are three types of ration cards depending on the category of citizens of Tamil Nadu.
Light Green cardholders get rice and other commodities from the Fair Price Shops (FPS), and Antyodaya Anna Yojana cardholders are include.
White cardholders will get an extra 3 kg of sugar on the prescribed quota.
Khaki cardholders are police personnel.
Linking Mobile Number to Ration Card in Tamil Nadu
Now people can register and link a mobile number to ration cards online through tnpds.gov.in’s official website. This article provided information on linking the phone number to the ration card. Nowadays, phone numbers are also linking with smart ration cards as linking Aadhaar cards.
As we know, the Aadhaar card linked with the ration card is done to get the commodities at subsidized prices. Supreme Court announced that Aadhaar is not mandatory to avail of the benefits.
Add/Link a Mobile Number to Ration Card
- Visit the official website of tnpds.gov.in.
- We found a notice on the home page regarding the mobile link number to the ration card.
- In that notice, the users who want to add a mobile number to ration card or SMS services and phone number not registered must contact the helpdesk numbers 1967/1800-425-5901.
Benefits of Add/Link a Mobile number to Ration Card
- People having smart cards can know all the details of the ration card.
- They can check the transactions and balances of commodities left.
- People can see all the family details.
- Users with the registered mobile number can easily download and install tnpds/tnepds into their mobiles.
- Users can edit the details by adding or linking the mobile number, like adding or removing family members, changing the address, and changing the family head name online.
- The users can also know the weight and price of each commodity spent.
SMS services for the Registered Mobile Users
- To know the availability of commodities at the ration shop, send an SMS, PDS<space>101
- Send an SMS to know the status of the ration shop, whether Open/Close, PDS<space>102
- To raise complaints about billing, send SMS, PDS<space>107
- According to their wish from the registered number, users can also send an SMS to 9980904040 for any necessary query.