An OBC certificate is a caste certificate used to prove a person’s caste. To get ppp0this certificate, the applicant needs to follow some steps and submit some documents. This article gives you information regarding the application process, records, status checking etc.
- 1 What is an OBC certificate?
- 1.0.1 Uses of OBC certificate in Tamil Nadu:
- 1.0.2 Documents required:
- 1.0.3 How to apply for an OB certificate online in Tamil Nadu?
- 1.0.4 How to check the OBC certificate status?
- 1.0.5 OBC certificate download:
- 1.0.6 How to apply for an OBC certificate through eSevai?
- 1.0.7 Customer care:
- 1.0.8 FAQs:
What is an OBC certificate?
Every person in the backward class needs to get an OBC certificate. This certificate is a caste or category certificate given to backwards-class people. The National Commission for Backward Class issues this certificate to the applicants. This certificate is beneficial for their category people in many ways.
There are some steps that every applicant needs to follow to get this certificate. Many uses help the backward class people get some government benefits. The process for the application, its services, status checking, etc., are given in this article in detail. Follow the process to apply if you belong to this category.
Uses of OBC certificate in Tamil Nadu:
An OBC certificate is helpful in the following. They are,
- For school admission
- Competitive exam
- College admission
- Employment purposes
- Government subsidies
- Housing and self-employment purposes
Some documents are needed when applying for an OBC certificate in Tamil Nadu. They are,
- Address proof
- Application form
- Ration card
- Transfer certificate
- Caste certificate
- Income proof
- School certificates of parent
How to apply for an OB certificate online in Tamil Nadu?
The government provides an online website to apply for an OBC certificate in Tamil Nadu. Follow the below steps to apply for this certificate.
- Firstly, visit the eSevai website through the browser.
- Now on the homepage, click on the ‘Citizen login’ option.
- Then log in to your account using your username and password and enter the captcha code.
- A dashboard will appear, and select the ‘Service option’ on the left side of the screen.
- You will get a list of the departments and select ‘Revenue department’ from the list.
- Next, a ‘REV-115 Other backward classes certificate’ link will appear. Click on the link. You will get a service page.
- Click on Proceed to continue.
- An applicant search form will appear. To perform the search, fill in the following details.
- Enter the CAN number, name, father’s name, email, mobile number and date of birth.
- CAN number is essential to apply for the OBC certificate. If there is no CAN number, follow the below steps.
- Open the registration form and click on ‘Register CAN’, fill out the details and click on the ‘Register’ option.
- If you have a CAN number, then enter this number, and your name will appear on the search.
- Then click the ‘option’ icon and ‘Proceed’ to select the record.
- All of your details will appear on the screen and pre-filled form. This pre-filled form is not editable. Click on ‘Submit’ if all the details are correct.
- Attach the documents requested.
- Make payment when the payment page appears. Then click on ‘Confirm payment’ and get the receipt by clicking on ‘Print receipt’ and downloading it.
- Finally, click on submit option to apply.
How to check the OBC certificate status?
To check the OBC certificate status, follow the below steps.
- Firstly visit the eSevail portal.
- Then on the screen, you can see the ‘Check status option. Click on it.
- Now enter your application number/transaction number’ given during the application.
- Then click on ‘Search’. Your status will appear.
OBC certificate download:
You can download the OBC certificate after getting it. The following are the steps to download it.
- Visit the eSevail portal on your device.
- Then click on the ‘Check status’ option.
- Next, enter your application number.
- Then click on the search option.
- Finally, to download the certificate, click on the download option.
How to apply for an OBC certificate through eSevai?
A way to apply for an OBC certificate is by visiting the eSevai centre.
- Visit any nearest eSevai centre to your place.
- Now ask the operator about the certificate online application.
- Submit all your documents to them.
- Pay if any money is requested and take the receipt.
- After the application, results will appear.
If you have doubts about an OBC certificate in Tamil Nadu, contact the following number and email.
- Email: email@example.com
- Toll-free number: 1-8000-425-1333
It is Rs.60 to apply for the certificate.
It takes 15 days to get the certificate after its application.
Yes, the Tamil Nadu government provides an online portal for its application and check status.
Visit the official portal, check the quality and click on download.