INSPIRE Scholarship 2022 For Higher Education (SHE) is a scholarship program implemented by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India.
- 1 INSPIRE Scholarship
It is a scholarship scheme under Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE), a flagship program of DST. Intended for talented students undertaking bachelor’s and Masters’s Courses in Natural and Basic Sciences, INSPIRE Scholarship offers 10,000 scholarships every year.
Under SHE, each selected candidate will receive INR 80,000 per annum for studying any natural or basic sciences subject.
INSPIRE Scholarship Rewards
Under the SHE scheme, each selected candidate will get a scholarship worth INR 80,000 per annum for studying Science and Technology and pursuing research as a career.
The maximum period for which students can avail of this Scholarship is five years or till the fulfilment of the course (whichever is earlier).
To apply for SHE Scheme, applicants must have passed the 12th standard in 2020 (only) and be pursuing courses in Natural Sciences at B.Sc. or Integrated M.Sc level. Detailed information about the eligibility criteria for this Scholarship had given below.
- Applicants must be between 17-22 years of age.
- The candidate should be in the top 1% of successful students in total marks in their class 12 board examination.
- Applicant must enrol in Natural and Basic Sciences courses at BSc, BS and Integrated M.Sc/MS level in the same year as the 12th pass.
- Applicants among the top 10,000 rankers in the IIT, AIEEE (Top 20,000 rankers) joint entrance examination and have cleared CBSE-Medical (AIPTM) and chosen to study natural/basic sciences are eligible.
- Candidates had been admitted to pursue courses at theNational Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), etc.
The subjects covered under Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) had mentioned in the table below.
- Oceanic Sciences
- Marine Biology
- Atmospheric Sciences
INSPIRE Scholarship key documents
While applying for a scholarship for higher education, applicants need to submit some important documents to support their application which may lead to rejection.
Please find below the list of all the important documents a candidate must upload while filling out his scholarship application.
Important Documents of INSPIRE Scholarship
- Applicant’s passport size photograph
- Caste/Community certificate in case the applicant belongs to OBC/SC/ST category
- Eligibility note or advisory note if supplied by the State/Central Board
- 12th Class mark sheet
- 10th Class mark sheet or certificate (for Proof of Date of Birth)
- Certificate specifying rank/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /award in JEE (Main)NTSE/JBNSTS/International Olympic Medallists (if the nominee had qualified under this criteria)
- Approval Form signed by the Principal of the Director of the Institute/College/Registrar of the University
- The main page of the candidate’s SBI bank passbook.
INSPIRE Scholarship Application Process
The INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) applications are accepted online through the INSPIRE Programme’s online portal. A complete direction on how to apply for the Scholarship had given below.
- First, the candidate must register as a unique user on the INSPIRE Scholarship Portal.
- Click here to visit the official portal.
- If you are a fresh user, click ‘New user? Register here. Or you can directly click here.
- Candidate must enter their name, gender, date of birth, email, password, eligibility criteria and verification code for successful registration.
- The candidate will acquire a User ID and Password on their registered email ID, where they have to click on the activation link to activate their account.
- The candidate must keep the scanned copies of all the needed documents as separate files before filling out the application form.
- Applicants must log in to the INSPIRE Scholarship Portal using/her username and password.
- Now, the applicant must fill in all the details like enrollment information in B.Sc. personal details and Integrated M.Sc. Level, National Level Competitive Examination Details, Senior Secondary Performance Information Contact Details and other details in the Scholarship Application Form.
- Also, the applicant should upload all the required documents to support the online scholarship application.
- Before submitting the form, the applicant has to review the details entered by pressing the ‘Print Preview button.
- They should ensure that all the details and uploaded documents are correct.
- The applicant must now click the ‘Submit’ button to apply.
- After finally submitting the online scholarship application form, the candidate must take a printout of the submitted application for their record.
Selection Process OF INSPIRE Scholarship
All scholarship applications sent by potential INSPIRE scholars will be evaluated based on the specified eligibility criteria. Based on this evaluation, a list of shortlisted candidates had prepared.
- It will display the list of shortlisted applicants on INSPIRE’s online portal and the INSPIRE program website.
- Selected students must download their provisional offer letter from INSPIRE’s online portal.
- Shortlisted applicants must upload the required documents on their web portal within the specified time frame for further review.
- Selected nominees will receive their scholarship recognition directly into their State Bank of India (SBI) bank account through DBT (Direct Bank Transfer).
INSPIRE Scholarship Renewal
To continue the Scholarship in subsequent years, INSPIREScholars must fulfil the criteria mentioned below.
- Students applying for renewal must score at least 60% marks or a 7.0 GPA on a 10.0-point scale in the yearly examinations (or two semesters).
- If the applicant fails to secure the required marks in their B.Sc/BS/Int. M.Sc/Int. MS examination, They will cancel the Scholarship for that academic year.
- The Scholarship will resume in the next academic year if the student’s academic performance is satisfactory.
1. Who can use it for INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education?
Applicants with average marks within the top 1% in their 12th class examination in any State or Central Board must pursue Basic & Natural Sciences courses in BSc, BS and Int. MSc/MS level. Applicants must be between 17 to 22 years of age.
2. How many Inspire scholarships are awarded to students each year?
Ten thousand scholarships of INR 80,000 per student had distributed every year.
3. When should an applicant apply for Inspire She?
Students can apply for SHE in the same year they have passed their 12th exam and enrolled in BSc, BS, MSc/MS degrees in natural and fundamental sciences.
4. How can a candidate apply for the Inspire Scholarship?
Applicants can apply online for the SHE Scholarship through the Inspire Online Portal.
5. When can students expect to be notified of their selection for the SHE Scholarship?
The selection process usually takes at least four months due to many applications.