Prime Minister Narendra Modi introduced a biometric-enabled digital life certificate for the pensioners, known as “Jeevan Pramaan.” The Electronics Department of India developed this project. The whole idea of the Jeevan Pramaan is to make the process easy for the retired government employees to get their pensions.
By using the Aadhaar of the pensioners, biometric authentication is done, and if the authentication is successful, the Digital Life Certificate generates. The generated certificate is stored at Life Certificate Respiratory from where Pension Disbursing Agencies can access without any manual intervention.
Pensioners can enroll by visiting the nearest Center and through Mobile Application/Online. The pensioners have to carry Aadhaar, Pension Payment Order no., Bank Account details, and mobile number. Around 40,000 centers are available that provide the service.
Objectives of Digital Life Certificate
- Hassle-free and much easier process for pensioners to submit the Digital Life Certificate.
- By Aadhaar biometric authentication system, the pensioners are secured and free from fraud.
- The method of accessing Life Certificate online is secure, and the pensioners get their pensions directly to their bank accounts timely.
Procedure to Enroll for Jeevan Pramaan
- Go to the official website.
- On the home page at the end, click on the “Sign up” option.
- A new page appears. Fill in the details of the mobile number, Aadhaar number, and confirmation code.
- Click on the “generate login OTP.”
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number.
- Now authenticate the details through biometric verification by providing fingerprints.
- For this process, a biometric device that is accordant with software download must be bound to a Mobile phone/ PC.
- If your bio-metric credentials match the one existing in the Aadhar database, the digital life certificate will generate a unique ID.
- All the pension-related agencies and banks can access this repository for Pensioner’s life certificate verification.
- Download a PDF and take the printout of the Digital pension Life Certificate.
To get the hard copy of the Pension Life certificate, provide your Jeevan Pramaan ID to the pension agencies or banks.