Amma Two Wheeler Scheme :
Tamil Nadu Government has announced the initiation of new scheme for the female citizens of Tamil Nadu named as “Amma Two Wheeler Scheme“. This scheme will be providing financial support to the working women who need a mode of transport to travel to their work place.
The government has announced that it will offer the applicants to buy two wheeler at subsidized rates . All the needy women can apply for this scheme till 10th of February, 2018. This scheme will be completely in action from 24th of February 2018.
Eligibility Criteria For Amma Two Wheeler Scheme :
The following is the eligibility criteria to apply for this Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
- The applicant must be a woman and have to be the resident of Tamil Nadu.
- It is applicable to the women of age group 18 – 40 years.
- The applicant must possess a driving license.
- The applicant annual income must not exceed more than 2.5 lakhs.
- The applicant should have cleared 8th grade of primary school education. If the applicant belongs to rural area then a priority will be provided under the scheme.
- Depending on the recommendations the home makers who are the head of the family can also apply for this scheme.
- Divorcee women, widows, transgender and single mothers can also apply for this scheme.
- The government will provide a subsidy around 50% of the vehicles cost.
- The applicants will also be offered a financial assistance directly through banking and non-banking financial institutions.
Procedure to Apply for Two Wheeler Scheme in Tamilnadu:
- Go to the official website tamilnadumahalir.org
- Various links like Application Form Rural, Application Form Urban and Subsidy Form will be there, click on the link to download the form
- Fill all the details in the application form and submit the forms in the respective office.
Documents Required For Amma Two Wheeler Scheme :
- Residential proof
- Birth certificate
- Income certificate
- Bank details
- Aadhar card
- Driving license
- Educational certificates