Amma Two Wheeler Scheme :
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme launched by Tamil Nadu Government has announced the initiation of the new scheme for the female citizens of Tamil Nadu named as “Amma Two Wheeler Scheme“. This scheme will be providing financial support to working women who need a mode of transport to travel to their workplace.
The government has announced that it will offer the applicants to buy two-wheelers at subsidized rates. This scheme came into action from 24th of February 2018. Under this scheme, the women will get 25,000 of government subsidiary.
Eligibility Criteria For Amma Two Wheeler Scheme :
The following is the eligibility criteria to apply for this Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
- The applicant must be a woman and have to be the resident of Tamil Nadu.
- It is applicable to the women of the age group 18 – 40 years.
- Applicant must possess a driving license.
- The applicant annual income must not exceed more than 2.5 lakhs.
- The applicant should have cleared 8th grade of primary school education. If the applicant belongs to the rural area then a priority will be provided under the scheme.
- Depending on the recommendations the homemakers who are the head of the family can also apply for this scheme.
- Divorcee women, widows, transgender and single mothers can also apply for this scheme.
- The government will provide a subsidy of around 50% of the vehicles cost.
- The applicants will also be offered financial assistance directly through banking and non-banking financial institutions.
Procedure to Apply for Two Wheeler Scheme in Tamilnadu:
- Go to the official website tamilnadumahalir.org
- Various links like Application Form Rural, Application Form Urban and Subsidy Form will be there, click on the link to download the form
- Fill all the details in the application form and submit the forms to the respective office.
Documents Required For Amma Two Wheeler Scheme :
- Residential proof
- Birth certificate
- Income certificate
- Bank details
- Aadhar card
- Driving license
- Educational certificates
Tamilnadu Corporation For Development of Women Ltd,
(A Government of Tamilnadu Undertaking)