This article will be useful for those who want to visit the Kashi Yatra temple but cannot visit it due to financial problems. The Karnataka state government has introduced the Kashi Yatra scheme to solve this problem.
The scheme provides financial benefits to residents of Karnataka who wish to visit the Varanasi temple. According to the budget of this scheme, the government will spend Rs. 5000 in subsidies for pilgrims.
With the help of this article, we will share the details of the Kashi Yatra Scheme in Karnataka, including benefits, objectives, eligibility, required documents, registration process and travel information, and Kashi Yatra Subsidy Scheme Enrolment.
- 1 Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme 2023-24
- 1.0.1 Kashi Yatra Scheme 2023 Official Website:
- 1.0.2 Bharat Gaurav train for Yatra
- 1.0.3 Features & Benefits of Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme
- 1.0.4 Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme
- 1.0.5 Required Documents
- 1.0.6 Steps for Kashi Yatra Scheme Registration 2023
- 1.0.7 Steps to Register and Apply Directly on the Seva Sindhu Website
- 1.0.8 The process to check your application status in Seva Sindhu
- 1.0.9 FAQs
Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme 2023-24
Varanasi is a very popular pilgrimage site, and we all know that many devotees visit this place. Many people come here from far away. But many pilgrims mainly visit the Varanasi temple of Kashi Vishwanath.
And the people of Karnataka visit the Varanasi temple every day. But for many, it is difficult to visit this temple due to a lack of money.
According to our analysis, the distance between Karnataka and Varanasi is around 1700 km. So citizens of Karnataka embarking on the long Kashi Yatra face many financial challenges just like the poor people.
Now the Karnataka state government has given 30,000 pilgrims Rs. 5,000 each. It came up with a great idea to provide it with a subsidy. The government has budgeted seven crores under this great program. It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for pilgrims.
The Karnataka state government has ordered only interested pilgrims to go on the Kashi Yatra. The Yatra had announced in the Budget 2023-24, and the government offered a subsidy Yojana for the Kashi Yatra scheme.
Kashi Yatra Scheme 2023 Official Website:
Kashi Yatra Scheme 2023-23 had introduced by the government. The Karnataka government quickly set this budget in late June. In June, the government launched the scheme website portal for pilgrims to apply for the subsidy.
Two types of official websites had provided to the beneficiaries who can apply for the Kashi Yatra Scheme subsidy:-
First Official Website Name: Hindu Religious Institutions and Charities Department.
Second Official Website Name: Seva Sindhu official website.
Bharat Gaurav train for Yatra
Bharat Gaurav train runs from Bangalore to Varanasi, UP, and this train covers both Ayodhya and Prayagraj. Five hundred crores are legally available to the government for the Bharat Gaurav train. And this train covers 4100 km in 7 days and has 14 coaches and eleven AC 3-tier coaches.
Similarly, It can completely transform a part of Vidya into a temple, so bhajans are sung for pilgrims from Karnataka to Varanasi as part of the Kashi yatra.
The total fare for pilgrims travelling by teaching is Rs. 15,000, out of which Rs. 5,000 will be a subsidy given to the public under the scheme of the Karnataka government, it had officially announced.
Features & Benefits of Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme
- Mainly, for each Yatra gets government will provide Rs. 5000 financial assistance.
- And this scheme not only helps people financially but also encourages its long-distance passengers.
- To fund this scheme under the account heading “Assistance to Manasa Sarovara Pilgrims”, Rs. 7 crores have been approved.
- So it is used only once in a pilgrim’s life.
- The Railway Department takes care of carrying pilgrim passengers and makes proper arrangements for the journey’s food and other basic needs.
- Pilgrims going to Kashi Yatra in Karnataka between April and June can also benefit from this scheme.
- Pilgrims must provide proof of their temple visit, and then the concerned branch will inform them accordingly.
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme
First, all applicants who want to apply under this scheme must follow the given eligibility criteria:-
- First, all applicants must be residents of Karnataka state.
- All candidates must have a Voter ID, Aadhaar or Ration Card.
- Candidates must be 18 or older.
- Previous subsidy recipients are not eligible.
- Passport size Photo.
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account Details
- Age proof: Aadhaar card, voter ID, etc.
- Covid Vaccine Certificate and also the new Covid Negative Report
- Proof of domicile of origin in Karnataka, such as an Aadhaar card, voter ID, or ration card.
Steps for Kashi Yatra Scheme Registration 2023
This section provides a very easy registration procedure for Kashi Yatra Scheme 2023. Registration is very important to avail the benefits of this scheme.
Please follow the mentioned steps only:-
- In the first step, open your Chrome browser and visit the official website of the Kashi Yatra Scheme. The homepage will open in front of you.
- On the homepage, you need to click on the “Kashi Visit Government Subsidy” option.
- So a new page will display in front of you.
- On this page, click “Don’t have an account? “Register here”.
- Then you will be redirected to another page.
- Now you can link your DigiLocker account with the “Seva Sindhu Karnataka” application.
- So you are required to fill in your Aadhaar number to proceed with DigiLocker.
- And you have to give your aadhaar number and click on the next button.
- After linking the DigiLocker account with the Seva Sindhu account, they will complete your identification process and register you successfully.
- After registration, you can click on the same Kashi Govt Subsidy and log in with a new username and password created by you.
- After successful login, you must complete form 2 and complete the steps to enrol in this scheme fully.
Steps to Register and Apply Directly on the Seva Sindhu Website
- Go to the official portal of the Seva Sindhu Portal.
- The homepage will display in front of you.
- You need to click on “Apply for Services” on the homepage.
- Then click on the “New User” and “Register Here” options.
- So again, a new page will open.
- You can connect your DigiLocker account to the Seva Sindhu Karnataka application.
- To continue using DigiLocker, you need to enter your Aadhaar number here.
- Afterwards, you must enter your Aadhaar number before selecting the next option.
- Now your registration is complete.
- You must enter your password, email address, or mobile number for the OTP you receive via email or mobile.
- Click on the “Submit” button to apply for the Kashi Yatra scheme here.
The process to check your application status in Seva Sindhu
- First, you need to navigate the official website of the Seva Sindhu portal.
- After reaching the homepage, click on the application status section.
- Now you have to select your department, and you have to select service.
- Here you have to enter the Application ID, which you get at the time of submission of the application.
- After successfully entering the information in the boxes, click “Check Status Now”.
- Finally, you can check your application status in Seva Sindhu.
The Karnataka state government has ordered only interested pilgrims to go on the Kashi Yatra. The Yatra had announced in the Budget 2022-243, and the government offered a subsidy yojana for the Kashi Yatra scheme.
Those going to Kashi Yatra should visit Rameswaram, take a holy bath in holy shrines and worship Lord Ramanatha. Take some sand from the Setu shore, worship the sand idols, take it to Triveni, and melt it.
Kashi has three railway stations named Kashi, Varanasi and Banaras.
Varanasi, or Benaras (also known as Kashi)