Khadya Sathi scheme was launched to help people from BPL and ESW categories. It is under the West Bengal government, started by the Chief Minister. Please read the entire article to know more about its benefits, registration process, eligibility etc.
Khadya Sathi Scheme Overview:
West Bengal government started the Khadya Sathi Scheme to reduce poverty in the state. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee started the Scheme to provide enough facilities for people from poor and weak backgrounds families.
The main focus is on the EWS, i.e. Economically Weaker section and the Below poverty line section. A survey, the report says that half of the population in West Bengal is below the poverty line. They started providing food and other materials at lower prices. Their price is lower compared to the market price.
|Scheme name||Khadya Sathi Prakalpa West Bengal|
|Department||Food and Supplies|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of West Bengal who are in Below Poverty line category|
|Launched date||January 27th, 2016|
|Started by||Mamata Banerjee, CM of West Bengal|
|Main aim||to provide rice and wheat at a lower price|
How to apply for Khadya Sathi Prakalpa?
If you want to apply for the Khadya Sathi scheme, check the eligibility and follow the following steps.
- Go to the official website, i.e. food.wb.gov.in. Provided by the government.
- On the official page of WBPDS, click the E-Citizen option.
- You will be redirected to the next page; click on the Digital ration Card 2023 option.
- Under that, select the district name, municipality, black and GP.
- Enter all your details that are asked.
- Link the scanned documents if asked.
- Now click on Submit to apply.
There are several benefits of the Khadya Sathi Scheme. they are,
- It is beneficial for BPL and EWS category people.
- It provides food and other things at a lower price.
- Every ration cardholder can get rice and wheat for only Rs.2.
- It provides stability for people in need.
The eligibility criteria to register in Khadya Sathi Scheme is,
- The applicant must be a resident of West Bengal state.
- It should be a ration card holder.
- The applicant must be only people from BPL and EWS categories.
- It must be someone other than a government job holder.
The following are the documents required to register for Khadya Sathi Scheme.
- Passport size photo
- Digital ration card copy.
- Voter id card
- Aadhar card
- Income certificate.
Khadya Sathi Form:
Recently the West Bengal government decided to digitalize ration cards. So if you have any issue related to the ration card, you can verify by logging in to your account on the official website and downloading the form. Different issues have their respective different forms.
- For name modification in ration cards, fill in Form-3 U– Download
- Add a family member’s name, Form 4-R – Download
- To correct or change the address- Form 5-R – Download
- For changing ration shop- Form 6-R – Download
- To surrender ration card- Form 7 – Download
- Application to convert RKSY-II cards to RKSY-1- Form 8 – Download
- Application form to unblock digital ration card- Form 12 – Download.
How to check the status of the application?
If you want to check the Khadya Sathi scheme’s application status, follow the steps below.
- Go to the official website, i.e.
- Enter your mobile number, and you will get an OTP number on your phone. Enter the OTP.
- Now click on login to login into your account.
- Now select the Status option on the page.
- The status will display on the screen.
You can contact the toll-free number if you have any issues with the Khadya Sathi scheme.
Phone number: 1976 or 18003455505. Call between 8 AM-8 PM.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs):
The Scheme has a slogan, i.e. “Food for all”.
People from BPL and EWS get benefits from the Scheme.
In rural areas, it is below Rs.6,400, and in urban areas, it is Rs.11,850.
The ratio card for the BPL category is the lowest.