Singapore officially called the Republic of Singapore, is a ruler city-state and island nation in Southeast Asia. The country is known worldwide for transitioning from a third-world to a best-world country. It is offered Singapore Visa for Indians.
- 1 Singapore Visa for Indians
- 1.0.1 Singapore Visa Requirements
- 1.0.2 Essential Tips on Singapore Visa for Indians
- 1.0.3 Singapore Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF)
- 1.0.4 Singapore Visa fee for Indians:
- 1.0.5 Singapore Visa Processing Time
- 1.0.6 How to Apply for Singapore Visa for Indians?
- 1.0.7 How to check Singapore Visa for Indians Status?
- 1.0.8 FAQS
- 1.0.9 Related Posts:
Singapore Visa for Indians
Singapore is a global pivot for education, human capital, innovation, entertainment, finance, and healthcare.
Due to the above reasons, Singapore is one of the countries on the priority list of tourists worldwide. If Indian citizens want to visit the country, they must obtain a visa to enter Singapore.
A Singapore visa for Indians only serves as pre-entry permission for the keeper to enter the country and is not an immigration visa.
Singapore Visa Requirements
When an applicant applies for a Singapore Visa from India, the documents they want to submit are as follows:
- Duly filled up Form 14A.
- The Indian passport has a minimum validity of 6 months on the day of arrival in Singapore.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs.
- You must have clicked the photo within the last three months.
- It should be clear and in focus.
- You must take it against a plain white background without any shadows.
- It should be 45mm high and 35mm wide (without any borders)
- Avoid wearing plain white clothing and headgear (permissible if it follows religious or racial customs, but you must hide no facial features because of it.)
- The applicant’s hair must not cover their eyebrows or eyes.
- The photo should have even exposure.
- The spectacle frame must not cover part of the eyes.
- Spectacles’ lenses must not be glaring or reflecting.
- The photograph must cover the entire face with the upper shoulders visible.
- It should be in JPEG image format (with a .jpg file extension).
- The photo size should be 400 by 514 pixels.
- The file size should not exceed 60KB.
- Other documents like those mentioned below might need to be submitted…
- A copy of the bio-data.
- Letter of Introduction.
- In-Principal Approval Letter.
- Company Invitation Letter.
- Employment Letter.
- Residential proof.
- A copy of the last paper of the passport
- Letter of Guarantee from Shipping Agent.
Essential Tips on Singapore Visa for Indians
- Having a visa does not warrant entry into Singapore.
- Each visa application considers its own merits.
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements:
- Possession of a valid passport.
- You Have sufficient funds for the duration of your stay in the country.
- Onward and return flight tickets.
- Entry into the country and length of stay had determined by immigration officials posted at checkpoints after the person entered the country.
- For Work Permit/Employment/Training Pass applications, one can visit the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) website, while for Student Pass, one should visit Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website.
Singapore Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF)
Besides getting a Singapore Visa for Indians, Indian tourists are also eligible for a 96-hour visa-free transit facility, commonly known as VFTF. VTFT is for Indian citizens travelling to or from any third country by air via Singapore.
To obtain a VFTF, transit travellers must satisfy the VFTF criteria and meet prevailing entry requirements assessed by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officials at the time of entry.
Extended stay is not allowed for transit passengers under VFTF. Indian travellers who wish to avail of VFTF (which is valid only for air-to-air travel and for one carriage in the journey) should have the following:
Onward flight ticket departing within the next 96 hours. A valid visa/long-term pass with a minimum validity of one month from the date of entry into the country VTFT, issued in any of the countries mentioned below:
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
It may mention that Indian citizens holding a long-term pass or valid visa from the countries mentioned above can also use Single Journey Visa (SJV) while travelling to or returning from Singapore.
Suppose the SJV has used the journey’s earlier leg for the journey’s return leg. The conditions mentioned below must fulfil:
- The passenger must return home directly from the country of issue of the SJV via Singapore.
- The traveller has not returned to their home country since the SJV had last used.
Singapore Visa fee for Indians:
A Singapore visa applicant must pay an application fee of thirty Singapore Dollars, currently equivalent to Rs.1592.32.
Authorised visa agents charge an additional Rs.300 as a service fee. The fee payable is non-refundable irrespective of the outcome of the application.
Disclaimer – Fees are subject to change at the discretion of the Singapore (Immigration and Checkpoints Authority) ICA.
Singapore Visa Processing Time
Once the visa application had submitted to the authorised visa agents, the time taken by the agents to process applications filed by citizens varies depending on the location of the agents.
If you have applied to authorised visa agents outside Chennai and Bangalore, 3 (three) days have taken. Visa applications had processed after one working day through authorised visa agents in Chennai and Bangalore metro cities.
How to Apply for Singapore Visa for Indians?
Singapore visas can obtain by Indian citizens courtesy of authorised visa agents operating in the country. You should apply in person to authorised agents.
The application must be made through visa agents because, from 2009 to 1 April, the High Commission of the Republic of Singapore and the Consulate-General stopped accepting in-person walk-in applications.
To apply for a Singapore visa, applicants must complete Form 14A and submit it to the visa agents. You can download the form from the official website or obtain a physical application form free of charge from authorised visa agents or any Singapore overseas missions.
Visa applications can also be submitted through the new Electronic Visa (e-Visa) application system to process online visa applications.
The Online applications can also be filed on behalf of the applicant if they have a local sponsor with a ‘SingPass Account’ in Singapore.
How to check Singapore Visa for Indians Status?
After an applicant applies for a Singapore visa, the application’s status can check using the application reference number provided by the authorised visa agent. The entire process involved in knowing the quality of the visa application had mentioned below:
- First, the applicant must visit the official website.
- Next, click on the ‘Check Status/Make Appointment‘ option.
- Select the option you want to check the status.
- Next, click on ‘Enquire Here.’
- Next, provide the Visa Reference Number and Travel Document Number.
- Next, click on ‘Submit’.
- If so, It will display the application status on the respective page.
- You can get the e-Visa copy if the application is approved by clicking on ‘Proceed’.
Generally, the processing time for obtaining a Singapore visa ranges from 1 to 3 days.
Yes, a visa is required to enter Singapore.
No, the Visa on Arrival (VoA) facility is unavailable for Indians.
The Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority decides whether a person is eligible to obtain a Singapore visa (ICA)