Are you excited about your new job in Singapore? Are you aspiring to establish a business in the country? If yes, Singapore Work Visa for Indians will allow you to enter the beautiful countryside.
Singapore allows international citizens to work or do business in the country if they have the correct type of work visa. So, if you want to work in Singapore after studying, here is a blog highlighting the types, required documents, fees and other essential details related to getting a work visa for Singapore.
- 1 Singapore Work Visa for Indians
- 1.0.1 Types of Singapore Work Visa for Indians
- 1.0.2 Employment Pass for Singapore Job Visa:
- 1.0.3 Entry Pass for Singapore Job Visa:
- 1.0.4 Personalised Employment Pass for Singapore Work Visa:
- 1.0.5 Singapore Work Visa Processing Time for Indian Citizens:
- 1.0.6 Requirements for Singapore Work Visa
- 1.0.7 Cost of Singapore Work Visa for Indians:
- 1.0.8 How to Apply for Singapore Work Visa?
- 1.0.9 How to check my visa application status?
- 1.0.10 Frequently Asked Questions
Singapore Work Visa for Indians
Singapore will introduce The Overseas Networks and Expertise Pass on January 1, 2023. It is open to all talents earning a monthly salary of SGD 30,000 and above, which is comparable to the top 5% of Employment Pass (EP) holders or those who have “outstanding achievements” in the fields of sciences and technology, arts and culture, research and academia or sports.
Types of Singapore Work Visa for Indians
Just as a Singapore student visa is necessary for pursuing an educational program in the country, a Singapore work visa is necessary to get a job or start a business there. Depending on your type of job, there are mainly three types of Singapore work visas for Indians. Their details had given in the table below-
|Employment Pass||Foreign Professionals|
|Entry Pass||Foreign Entrepreneurs|
|Personalised Employment Pass||Existing Employment Pass Holders or Foreign Professionals|
Now that you know about the types of visas for Indian citizens to work in Singapore, let’s take a deeper look at each of the above categories.
Employment Pass for Singapore Job Visa:
Suppose you are an Indian citizen who has recently got a job as a professional, manager or executive in Singapore and possesses the necessary qualifications. In that case, you should apply for this type of work visa. As a fresh candidate, the pass duration is two years.
To apply for Singapore Work Visa for Indians under this visa category, ensure you fulfil the below-mentioned parameters.
- You must have a job offer letter from an employer in Singapore at the post manager, executive or specialist levels.
- You must earn at least $3,900 per month.
- You must have an acceptable qualification from a recognised university.
The following documents must be available while applying for an Employment Pass for Singapore Work Visa:
- Valid passport with personal details page.
- Colour passport-size photograph (not older than three months).
- Letter of Introduction (LOI).
- The latest business profile of the company had registered with ACRA.
- Marksheets of all Semesters.
An Employment Pass for Singapore costs $150 (INR 11,300) when you apply and $225 (INR 17,000) when the pass is issued.
Entry Pass for Singapore Job Visa:
Among all the Singapore work visas for Indians, EntrePass allows you to set up your own business there. However, it has some limitations and conditions; let’s go through them.
All candidates waiting to apply for this type of Singapore Work Visa must fulfil the requirements listed below:
- Candidates must have started or intend to create a private limited company registered with ACRA.
- A registered company must be less than six months old from the registration date.
- You must meet any innovative criteria specified for application as mentioned on the official website.
An EntrePass for Singapore will cost you $70 (INR 3,800) and can take 7-8 weeks to process.
Personalised Employment Pass for Singapore Work Visa:
All those who earn more than $3,900 and are already Employment Pass holders or Overseas Foreign Professionals should opt for Personalised Employment Pass among all Singapore Work Visas for Indians.
- Foreign professionals make $18,000 per month.
- Your last drawn salary must be within six months of visa application.
- An Employment Pass holder was earning at least $12,000 per month.
An Employment Pass for Singapore costs $105 (INR 5,700) when you apply and $225 (INR 17,000) when the pass is issued.
Singapore Work Visa Processing Time for Indian Citizens:
Singapore Work Visa processing time for Indian citizens is 4-5 days, excluding weekends and public holidays. Applicants must fill out the form and submit the required documents:
- You have duly completed the signed Form 14A (242.89KB).
- A valid passport with at least six months validity on the date of entry into Singapore
- With two passport-size colour photographs were taken within the last three months.
Requirements for Singapore Work Visa
- A valid passport.
- Appointment letter
- Passport-size photographs
- Job description details and letter
- Application form for the type of work in Singapore
- The age of applicant must be at least 18 years
- eMedical certificates less than three months old at the time of submission
Cost of Singapore Work Visa for Indians:
The cost of a Singapore Work Visa for Indians is Singapore Dollars 30 (INR 1,669.81). The visa fee is non-refundable; applicants must reapply if they submit an incomplete application.
How to Apply for Singapore Work Visa?
In case you want to get a Singapore work visa or work permit, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website.
- Or you can click this link.
- Submit the application
- Prepare for the arrival of the worker
- Get permission.
- Enter fingerprints and photos.
- Receive a pass or permit.
- Return the old card.
To apply for Singapore Work Visa, the applicant should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Obtain written consent from the foreign worker to apply for a work permit.
- Log in to Work Permit (WP) online with CorpPass.
- Fill out the application form.
- Pay the $30 application fee using a General Interbank Recurring Order (GIRO), Visa, MasterCard or eNets Debit.
- Once the application is submitted, you can check the status of the application after seven days.
How to check my visa application status?
- Go to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website.
- On the ICA homepage. Click on Check Status
- Or you can direct click on this link.
- Scroll down the page and click on Status Inquiry.
- Enter your Application Reference Number (DELXXXXXXSAXXXXXXX) and Travel Document Number ( Key in XXXXXXXXX)
- If your application is successful, click on Proceed to get a copy of the e-Visa.
Frequently Asked Questions
They will send the Employment Pass Renewal Form to the employer’s registered address three months before your Employment Pass expires. You must submit a renewal application to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) at least four weeks before the EP expires.
No, candidates must not visit Singapore to apply for Employment Entpass.
Candidates can track the work permit application form online through the official website.
Employers can apply for work permits on behalf of foreign workers and must renew their licenses.