Kerala Bevq was an app that a Kochi-based startup company developed to maintain a queue system for liquor sales in Kerela. The Kerala state knows many people to buy alcohol when sales begin for the first time in Kerala when shut all its liquor outlets, bars, hotels, and shops, in March month due to coronavirus. Kerala citizens must do the Bevq app download and ensure that the reopening of all liquor stores across the Kerala state will not lead to crowding in some other parts of India.
The Kerala state-run Beverages Corporation (BEVCO) will use the app to distribute liquor in Kerala state. The Kerala Bevq app will directly issue e-tickets or tokens containing date, time, and location to customers to buy beer/wine in the Kerala state. An SMS code or QR code is sent to the user, so the shopkeepers scanned it before the customer order. A single person can buy a maximum of three liters of liquor for four days. This app helps in maintaining social distancing and reduces long queues and crowding outside all liquor stores.
Process of Bevq app
- Visit Google play store and search for the ‘Bevq app.’
- Install the app and fill in the required details like name, number & pin code.
- Accept the terms and conditions and enter the OTP sent to the registered mobile number. If it shows any error in displaying the OTP number, relaunch the app and again start the registration process if it happens.
- Customers can choose between two options like liquor and beer/wine, along with their required time slot.
- QR code, date, time duration, district, pin code will display on the screen.
- The main objective of the Bevq is to reduce over crowing in front of liquor shops.
- This app makes users buy limited liquor every four days and also maintains social distance.
How to install the Bevq app?
- Visit to play store on your mobile phone.
- Search for the Bevq app download in the search bar.
- Click on the install button.