Tamil Nadu Public Distribution Service
Tamil Nadu Electronic Public Distribution System (TNPDS)has started the digitization of ration cards. The government of Tamil Nadu is issuing new Smart Ration Cards to the citizens.
The old ration cards also converted into Smart ration cards. In this way, the government wants to control the ration system. Citizens can download ration cards and print smart cards from the TNPDS website.
Smart Ration Cards
There are four types of ration cards in Tamil Nadu for the citizens under TNPDS.
Light Green Cards: The Tamil Nadu government issues rice other commodities from Fair Price Shops and also cover the Antodaya Anna Yojana, cardholders.
White Cards: The government procures 3kgs of sugar over the fixed quota.
No Commodity Card: These cardholders are not entitled to receive any commodities from the ration shops.
Khaki Cards: These cards are only for the police staff up to the rank of inspectors.
Here is the procedure to download and print the smart ration card from the website.
Procedure to Download and Print Smart Ration Card
- Go to the official website of TNPDS.
- Select the beneficiary tab on TNPDS Website.
- Now enter your registered mobile number.
- You will receive an OTP, enter the OTP.
- Get signed in to your TNPDS account.
- After signing, you can see the tnpds smart card download and print tab.
- Now select your desired language and click print.
- Click on Save to save the PDF file to your desired location.
If the applicant faces a problem to download and take a print of the smart ration card approach the nearby concerned office to get the updated Smart Ration Card.
For more assistance and information we can contact helpline numbers 1967 & 1800 425 5901.
- Check Ration Card Status