- 1 Smart Ration Card – Maharashtra
Smart Ration Card – Maharashtra
Smart Ration Card is an important legal document used by the households eligible to get food grains at subsidized rates. It is also used as Identity and Address Proof on various occasions. The government of India wants to introduce smart ration cards for the distribution of ration in Digital India.
So the state governments are also encouraging the technology-based distribution of ration. People can apply for a smart ration card online in Maharashtra.
The smart ration card’s primary objective is to improve food grains and other essential items for poor people at reasonable or subsidized prices.
Food, Civil, and Consumer Protection Department of Maharashtra serve the Public Distribution System and other state-related activities.
Tricolor Smart Ration Cards
The state government of Maharashtra launched tri-colour smart ration cards for the citizens of the state. These cards are issued to the citizens based on the income levels of families.
Yellow Ration Card – These cards supply families who fall under the Below Poverty Line (BPL).
Saffron Ration Cards – These cards are issued to families with more than Rs 15000/- and less than one Lakh per annum.
White Ration Cards – White Ration cards issued to households whose annual income is one Lakh and above.
Eligibility to Apply for Smart Ration Card in Maharashtra
- Citizens who want to apply for a smart ration card must be permanent residents of Maharashtra.
- Applicants must not have any other ration cards in Maharashtra and from other states of India.
- Applicants who are applying for smart ration cards must fall into the government of Maharashtra’s income criteria.
- The family member must not be a lawyer, doctor, chartered accountant, or architect.
- Applicants or family members should not possess a four-wheeler vehicle, not pay professional tax or GST, or any other income tax.
- Aadhaar card
- Income Certificate
- PAN card
- Telephone/Electricity Bill
- Gas Connection Details
- Residential Proof
- Bank Passbook
How to Apply for Smart Ration Card in Maharashtra?
- Citizens who want to apply for a smart ration card in Maharashtra must visit the official website of FCCPD.
- On the home page, click on the “download” link.
- A new page opens where the applicants click on the “Form1: Application for New Ration Card” link.
- An application form opens, applicants have to download and take a printout of the application form.
- Fill the form with the necessary details correctly.
- Applicants must attach all the required documents with the filled application form.
- Now apply with the documents at the concerned department.
Click here for the Application form for Ration Card.
Note: Applicants must make sure to affix a Rs 2/- court fee stamp along with the application form before submitting it.
How to Check the Status Online for Smart Ration Card?
- After submitting the application form, applicants can check the status online by visiting the official website.
- On the home page, click on the “Transparency Portal” link.
- A new page opens. Click on the Allocation Generation Status link.
- Now enter the ration card details and click on proceed further.
- Application status is display on the screen.