Smart Ration Card – Maharashtra
Smart Ration Card is an important legal document that is used by the households who are eligible to get food grains at subsidized rates. It is also used as Identity and Address Proof on various occasions. The government of India wants to introduce smart ration cards for the distribution of ration, in the line of Digital India.
So the state governments also encouraging the technology-based distribution of ration. People can apply for a smart ration card online in Maharashtra.
The primary objective of the smart ration card is to improve the delivery of food grains and other essential items for poor people at reasonable or subsidized prices.
Food, Civil and Consumer Protection Department of Maharashtra serves the Public Distribution System and also other related activities of the state.
Tricolor Smart Ration Cards
The state government of Maharashtra launched tri-color smart ration cards for the citizens of the state. These cards issued to the citizens based on the income levels of families.
Yellow Ration Card – These cards issued to families who fall under the Below Poverty Line (BPL).
Saffron Ration Cards – These cards issued to the families, whose income is more than Rs 15000/- and less than one Lakh per annum.
White Ration Cards – White Ration cards issued to the households whose annual income is one Lakh and above.
Eligibility to Apply for Smart Ration Card in Maharashtra
- Citizens who want to apply for a smart ration card must be a permanent resident of Maharashtra.
- Applicants must not have any type of other ration cards not only in Maharashtra but also from other states of India.
- Applicants who are applying for smart ration cards must fall into the income criteria which is set by the government of Maharashtra.
- The member of the family must not be a lawyer, doctor, chartered accountant, or an architect.
- Applicants or family members should not possess a four-wheeler vehicle, should not pay professional tax or GST or any other income tax.
- Aadhaar card
- Income Certificate
- PAN card
- Telephone/Electricity Bill
- Gas Connection Details
- Residential Proof
- Bank Passbook
How to Apply for Smart Ration Card in Maharashtra?
- Citizens who want to apply for a smart ration card in Maharashtra must visit the official website of FCCPD.
- On the home page click on the “download” link.
- A new page opens where the applicants have to click on the “Form1: Application for New Ration Card” link.
- An application form opens, applicants have to download and take a print out of the application form.
- Fill the form with the necessary details correctly.
- Applicants must attach all the required documents with the filled application form.
- Now submit the application with the documents at the concerned department.
Click here for the Application form for Ration Card.
Note: Applicants must make sure to affix Rs 2/- court fee stamp along with application form before submitting it.
How to Check the Status Online for Smart Ration Card?
- Applicants after submitting the application form, they can check the status online by visiting the official website.
- On the home page click on the “Transparency Portal” link.
- A new page opens, click on the Allocation Generation Status link.
- Now enter the ration card details and click on proceed further.
- Application status will be displayed on the screen.