Apply for Uttar Pradesh Ration Card
The government of Uttar Pradesh made ration cards depending on the income status of families in the state. Under Food & Logistics Department issue ration cards, the UP government provides food items listed under the ration card at subsidized prices. To apply for an Uttar Pradesh ration card, citizens must visit the Food & Civil Supplies Department of UP.
New Update on UP Ration Card
Due to Corona’s Pandemic lockdown, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi announced to supply 15kg rice, 20kg wheat free for one month to the families of workers who come under Antyodaya ration cards, MNREGA cardholders, etc. This supply is given to nearly 1.65 crore families in the UP state.
Ration Card Types in UP
The Uttar Pradesh government segregated the ration cards into three types based on the families’ income.
APL Ration Card: These APL ration cards are issued to families under Above Poverty Line (APL). For these cardholders, the state government provides 15kg of ration per month.
BPL Ration Card: BPL ration cards are given to families living below the poverty line (BPL). According to BPL, the family’s income must not exceed Rs 10000. The UP government will provide 25kg of ration per month for these cardholders.
AAY Ration Card: AAY ration cards are issued to families living in extreme poverty. For these families, the state government provides 35kg of ration per month.
The Ration Card’s main objective is to make it easy for the state’s residents to apply for a ration card without any difficulties like standing in long queues and repeatedly going to the municipality office and gram Panchayat.
With this UP ration card, the citizens will get food items like rice, wheat, sugar, etc., at affordable prices so that families from economically weaker sections will get sufficient food.
Documents Required for UP Ration Card Application Form
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Valid Mobile Number
- Passport size Photo of the head of the family with all the other family members
- Electricity Bills
- Income Certificate
- Caste/Category Certificate
- Gas Connection Details
- Bank Passbook and photocopy of the first page
Eligibility to Apply for Uttar Pradesh Ration Card
Before applying for a ration card online, applicants must reach the eligibility criteria mentioned below.
- The applicant must be a Permanent Resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- Families below the poverty line can apply for the UP ration card.
- UP Ration card online application forms are slightly different for Urban and Rural areas.
- Only in the name of the head of the family, the ration card supplied. The head of the family member’s age should be 18 years or more.
How to Apply for UP Ration Card online?
- UP ration card is applly through only offline mode.
- Citizens who want to apply for a UP ration card must visit the Food &Civil Supplies Department’s official website.
- On the home page, click on the download form.
- A new page opens where two links are found, ration card application form for rural and urban areas.
- Download the UP ration card online application form and take a printout.
- Fill the UP ration card online application form with the required details and attach the necessary documents.
- Check the filled application form and submit it at the nearest CSC centres, Tehsil offices, or concerned designated offices by the authority.
- If the application is incomplete and found wrong, information is reject.
Check NFSA Eligibility List
- After applying for Uttar Pradesh Ration Card, citizens who want to check their names in NFSA must visit the official website.
- Click on the NFSA eligibility list on the home page.
- A new page appears where the district-wise ration cardholder who is eligible will appear.
- Likewise, select and click on the respective district, town, or block.
- Now click on the ration shopper name near you.
- The list of ration cardholders with their name and other details will be display.
- Now citizens who applied for ration card UP can select the number and find all the eligibility information and their family members’ details.
- Citizens can also save the details for their records.
Click here for the Ration Card UP Application Form for Rural Areas.
Click here for the UP Ration Card Application form for Urban Areas.