Income certificate, an official statement provided to citizens by the state government regarding the annual income of a particular individual or family. It is mostly used for students at their admissions, scholarships, and other purposes.
Income certificate is very important to get a Creamy Layer OBC Certificate. Income certificate is frequently used as one of the documents for applications and also beneficiary for various civic welfare schemes. One can apply for an income certificate online to get all the government benefits.
Note: To get an income certificate it takes up to 15 days from the date of application. It is valid for only one year from the issued date. Applicants have to pay an application fee of Rs 60 each.
- Address proof
- Age proof
- Gazette Officers certifications of two persons
- Family or Smart card
- Education Records
- Self-declaration of applicant
- PAN card
- Aadhaar Card
- Salary Certificate
- Applicant Photo
How to apply for Income Certificate Online in Tamil Nadu?
Through e-Sevai Citizen Login
- Applicants who want to apply income certificate online in Tamil Nadu must visit the e-sevai official website.
- On the home page click on “citizen login”, a new page opens click on “new user” to register.
- Registration form opens, fill the form with the required details like name, mobile name, email id, Aadhaar number, Login Id, Password, Captcha code, and click on sign up.
- Now login into the portal with username and password.
- Select the revenue department and then select an income certificate from the drop-down list.
- Fill the form with the required details and submit the application form.
Through CAN Register
Applicants can also apply online through Citizen Access Number (CAN). If the applicant not having the CAN, he/she must register to apply for an income certificate.
- Visit the e-Sevai portal, on the home page click on citizen login.
- A new page opens, log in with the username and password.
- Services page appears, select the revenue department and from the drop-down select income certificate.
- After selecting, it directs to a new page where applicants must click on “Register CAN.”
- A form opens, fill the form with the necessary details and click on register to submit the form.
- Now the CAN number is generated, enter the CAN number along with the applicant’s name, mobile number, email id, and date of birth, and also family member’s details along with permanent address, monthly income, and sources of income.
- Upload all the necessary documents in the prescribed format.
- Check the details carefully, because the details are not editable. After filling the click on the proceed option.
- Make the payments accordingly.
- An acknowledgment of receipt will be shown for future reference.
- Take a print out or download the receipt.
Apply Offline through the e-Sevai center
- Applicants can also apply offline by visiting the nearest e-sevai centers.
- Meet the concerned operator at the e-sevai center, take the application form.
- Fill the form with the necessary details and attach the required documents.
- Apply with the documents and pay the application fee of Rs 60.
- Collect the receipt from the operator for further use.
- The application is verified by the Village Administration Officer (VAO) or Revenue Inspector (RI).
- After the verification, the report is submitted to the Tehsildar, and he is the person who issues the income certificate.
Click Here for the Application form