What is an Income Certificate?
An income certificate is an official statement provided to citizens by the state government regarding a particular individual or family’s annual income. It is mostly used for students at their admissions, scholarships, and other purposes.
An income certificate is essential to get a Creamy Layer OBC Certificate. This certificate is frequently used as a document for various civic welfare schemes for applications and beneficiaries. One can apply for an income certificate online to get all the government benefits.
Note: Getting an income certificate takes up to 15 days from the date of application. It is valid for only one year from the issued date. Applicants have to pay an application fee of Rs 60 each.
- Address proof
- Age proof
- Gazette Officers certifications of two persons
- Family or Smart card
- Education Records
- Self-declaration of applicant
- PAN card
- Aadhaar Card
- Salary Certificate
- Applicant Photo
How to apply for Income Certificate Online in Tamil Nadu?
Through e-Sevai Citizen Login
- Applicants who want to apply income certificate online in Tamil Nadu must visit an e-sevai official website.
- On the home page, click on “citizen login,” a new page opens. Click on “new user” to register.
- Registration form opens, fill the state with the required details like name, mobile name, email id, Aadhaar number, Login Id, Password, Captcha code, and click on sign up.
- Now login into the portal with your username and password.
- Select the revenue department and then select an income certificate from the drop-down list.
- Fill the form with the required details and submit the application form.
Through Register CAN
Applicants can also apply online through Citizen Access Number (CAN). If the applicant does not have the CAN, they must register to apply.
- Visit the e-Sevai portal; on the home page, click on citizen login.
- A new page opens; login with the username and password.
- Services page appears, select the revenue department, and from the drop-down, select income certificate.
- After selecting, it directs to a new page where applicants must click on “Register CAN.”
- A form opens, fills the form with the necessary details, and clicks on Register to submit the form.
- The Citizen Access Number is generated. Enter the Register CAN, the applicant’s name, mobile number, email id, date of birth, family member’s details, permanent address, monthly income, and income sources.
- Upload all the necessary documents in the prescribed format.
- Check the details carefully because the details are not editable. After filling in the click on the proceed option.
- Make the payments accordingly.
- An acknowledgment of receipt will be given for future reference.
- Take a printout or download the receipt.
Apply Offline through an e-Sevai center
- Applicants can also apply offline by visiting the nearest e-sevai centers.
- Meet the concerned operator at an e-sevai center, take the application form.
- Fill the form with the necessary details and attach the required documents.
- Apply with the documents and pay the application fee of Rs 60.
- Collect the receipt from the operator for further use.
- The application is verified by the Village Administration Officer (VAO) or Revenue Inspector (RI).
- After the verification, a report was submitted to Tehsildar, and he is the person who issued the income certificate.
Click Here for the Application form.