Villangam certificate, also knows as Encumbrance Certificate, in this article, we provide information regarding how to get a Villangam certificate online & offline in Tamil Nadu and how to search or check EC Villangam online. People from Tamil Nadu now can know more details of TN Villangam in this article.
- 1 Villangam Certificate
- 1.1 EC Villangam Need
- 1.2 How to get Villangam Certificate Online in Tamil Nadu?
- 1.3 How to Change the Date of Birth in the Aadhaar Card Online?
- 1.4 How to apply for TN Villangam Certificate Offline?
- 1.5 How to Search Encumbrance Certificate?
Villangam/Encumbrance certificate means a claim against the property by a party who is not the owner. The common types of Villangam apply for real estate that includes easements, mortgages, and property tax liens.
Villangam held as security for any debt of its owner. Villangam Certificate is a clearance certificate that the property is free from financial or legal liability like a loan, mortgage, etc.
EC Villangam Need
- EC Villangam certificate is a mandatory certificate used during property transactions for evidence of free title/ownership.
- Villangam is also important for applying for a home loan or obtaining a home loan against property, and buying or selling a property.
- This Villangam certificate contains all registered transactions related to a particular property for a specific period to know the property’s real state.
How to get Villangam Certificate Online in Tamil Nadu?
- To apply for EC Villangam online, first citizens must register as a new user on the official website of TNREGINET. If already registered, log in or sign in to access the services.
- On the home page, click on registration and select user registration from the drop-down.
- A new page opens; select the user type as a citizen and enter the details like user name, password, select a security question, and answer.
- Also, enter personal details like first name, last name, gender, identification type & number, mobile number, date of birth, and email ID.
- Enter the address details like state, district, pin code, door/flat number, street name, village/town, type captcha code, enter OTP generated to the mobile number and click on complete registration.
- After the registration process is successful and verified, sign in to get Villangam.
- Again go to the home page and click on apply online & search/view ec Villangam.
- Now a new page with the application form appears.
- Locate zone, district, sub-registrar office, EC start date & end date, survey details like a village, subdivision number, survey number, and address details like plot no., flat no., wars, block, extent, and build-up area and boundary details.
- And also, enter additional details like old survey number, TS number, declared owner, old door number, father’s name, and registered document.
- After filling in all the required details, enter the captcha code and click on EC search.
- All the documents concern with the details entered will display.
- Now proceed to apply by clicking on the Villangam certificate online.
- Enter name, contact details, and click on next to save.
- Proceed to payment and select the payment option.
- Enter the e-payment details like name, address, sub-registrar office, etc.
- Choose the bank to make e-payment and pay.
- After the successful payment, the bank provides a reference number, transaction ID, and CIN number, keep them for future use.
- Up on sub registrar’s selection of data applicable and approval of the application, Villangam certificate sent to the applicant’s login with QR code.
- The QR code was added to all pages with the sub-registrar’s digital signature at the end of the page.
- Also, after issuing the Villangam certificate, an SMS notification goes to the applicant.
How to apply for TN Villangam Certificate Offline?
- First, we need to carry a list of documents like an attested copy of address proof, property details, and title details to make an application for EC Villangam.
- The application information must be filled and submitted at the sub-registrar office, along with the documents required.
- The concerned authorities will go through the documents and make sure of their legality.
- A Villangam with details of all transactions or in the absence of transactions, a Nil Encumbrance certificate issued.
- It takes 15-20 days to get TN Villangam from the date of application.
How to Search Encumbrance Certificate?
- Open the website of TNREGINET.
- There is an option E-services; in that drop-down, we can find the Encumbrance Certificate.
- Now click on View EC, a new page appears with options “EC, Documentwise, or Plot Flat wise.”
- IF EC is selected, we must fill in details of Zone, District, Sub Registrar Office, EC Start Date, EC End Date, village, survey number, sub-division number.
- If Documentwise is selected, enter sub-registrar office, document number, year, and code.
- For Plot Flat wise, select zone, district, sub-registrar office, EC start date & end date, and village. Now enter the survey number, sub-division number. If for the plot, enter plot number; for flat, enter the flat number, and enter the captcha code.
- Click on the search option.