Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number | Link Aadhaar with Mobile through Online | Link Mobile Number with Aadhaar through Offline | Aadhaar Linking with Mobile Number with OTP | Aadhaar Card
Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number
Aadhaar Card is a unique 12 digit identification number by India’s government to all the citizens of the country. The unique 12 digit identification number is the Aadhaar Number given based on every individual’s demographic and biometric data.
As per the Supreme Court’s ordered, India’s government made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with a mobile number. The purpose of linking is to eliminate fake documents. Mobile number linking with Aadhaar is free of cost and takes no time for the process. To link mobile numbers with Aadhaar, there are two methods. One is online and offline.
Documents Required to Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number
Only one document is required to link Aadhaar with a Phone number, i.e., a self-attested copy of the Aadhaar Card.
- To link Aadhaar with a mobile number through OTP, citizens must call 14546*.
- Now choose whether the citizen is Indian or NRI.
- Press 1 to consent to your re-verification of the Aadhaar Card.
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm it.
- OTP generates and sent to the registered mobile number.
- Give consent to the operator from UIDAI to access the name, photo, and DOB.
- IVR from the mobile reads the last four digits of the mobile number.
- If correct, enter the generated OTP and press 1 to complete the process.
How to Link Phone Number with Aadhaar through Offline Process?
- To link the cell numbers with Aadhaar offline, citizens must visit the nearest service provider’s outlet.
- Citizens must carry a self-attested copy of the Aadhaar card.
- Provide a mobile number. The store will send an OTP to the mobile number, which is linked to Aadhaar.
- Provide the OTP to the store executive for verification and also provide a fingerprint.
- The SMS was received from the concerned telecom operator.
- To complete the e-KYC process, reply “Y.”
Can citizens link Aadhaar with their phone numbers online?
As of now, there is no online option to link Aadhaar with the SIM cards. It can be done by visiting the service centers, offline, IVR, and OTP.
How to add a mobile number to an Aadhaar card?
To add a mobile number in Aadhaar, citizens must visit the enrolment centers and register the mobile number. Apply to add and pay a fee of Rs 30. There is no need for any document to submit.