It is very important to have a Marriage certificate in UP for every married couple. So Uttar Pradesh government provides an easy online method to apply one. Municipality corporation in UP gives this document. You will get all the details regarding its application process in this article.
Marriage certificate in UP:
In every person’s life, including marriage, some documents are important. A marriage certificate is one of them. According to the Indian Hindu marriage act 1955 and the Special marriage act 1984, every marriage should be registered in India legally. It is a legally validated certificate given to the married couple by the government.
According to the Supreme court, it is compulsory to get this certificate under the women protection act 2006. A wedding can be between any religion, caste, race etc. Still, they should have this legal certificate to have the benefits. This article provides clear information on how to apply, benefits, and requirements.
Rules for applying marriage certificate in UP:
There are two types of marriages in India.
For every marriage certificate application, the applicant must follow these rules.
- The bride and groom must be 21 and above. The bride must be 18 and above.
- The candidates must not have any spouse during the application.
- The marriage should happen with both candidates’ consent.
- They should not marry using the unacceptable condition of others like physical disablement, mental disablement etc.
The UP government provides easy online registration and also has offline registration. You can use any of the ways to register for a Marriage certificate.
- Visit the Sub-register office and ask for the marriage registration form.
- Fill out the form carefully with both candidates’ signatures.
- Pay the application fee at the counter.
- After application, they will call for further procedure.
- Take an eye witness for the marriage on the given date.
- Sign it in the presence of an officer and witness.
- The applicant should fill out the form in both Hindi and English. To apply in Hindi, install the Sancharcha Hindi typing tool.
- Firstly, go to the Integrated Grievance Redressal System’s official website.
- On the homepage, select the marriage certificate icon.
- After selecting that, you will be redirected to the next page, where you must enter the groom’s Aadhar number. The groom will get an OTP to the registered number.
- Now, enter the OTP number and add a photograph.
- On the next page, enter the Bride’s Aadhar and mobile numbers. The bride will get an OTP number to the registered number. Enter the OTP number.
- Next, enter the bride and groom’s details like full name, address, age etc.
- Upload all the asked documents on the page and click o the save icon.
- Enter the marriage details, like the date of marriage and place.
- On the next page, enter witness details along with photographs.
- Preview all the details and submit it by clicking on submit option.
- Applicants will get an application number along with the password. You can use it for future reference.
- Pay the application fee.
- After paying, the process will start, and the authority will issue the certificate.
There are some documents that you should submit during your marriage certificate registration. They are:
- Application form.
- Residence proof, Aadhar card, and PAN card of both applicants.
- Ration card and bank account details.
- Birth certificate for age proof.
- Witness sign for validation.
- Separate affidavits for proving this marriage are without any pressure or threat.
How to check the registration status?
After applying for the marriage certificate in UP, you can get your application status online by following these steps,
- Go to the official website provided by the UP municipality corporation.
- Now click on the Marriage registration verification option.
- Enter your application number, marriage date, password and captcha code.
- Now click on ok and check your status.
- You must pay the registration fee to apply for a marriage certificate in UP.
- Registration within 30 days of solemnization: 10/-
- Registration after 30 days of solemnization: 20/-.
- Penalty for delay up to 1 year: 50/-.
Uses of marriage certificate:
There are many benefits of getting a marriage certificate for both males and females. Here are some benefits:
- It is the only legal document for the validation of marriage.
- You need these documents during your passport application.
- Important during bank deposits and also eligible for insurance benefits.
- Social security.
- It is needed during the visa process.
Headquarters Allahabad, Revenue council building, Civil lines Allahabad.
If you have any doubts regarding the application, you can call them and clear your doubt. You can also check your status from them.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs):
It has lifetime validity and, in some cases, up to divorce.
It takes between 15- 30 days to get one after registration.
No, you cannot get on the same day. But you can get one on the same day with two steps in court marriages.
Since 2006, getting this certificate to validate a marriage has been mandatory.