The Andhra Pradesh government launched AP Jnanabhumi Scholarship to support students financially. There are some eligibility criteria for students to get the benefits of this scheme. Read this article to learn about the eligibility criteria, check status, renewal process, etc.
- 1 Jnanabhumi Scholarship Overview:
- 1.0.1 Objectives of Jnanabhumi Scholarship:
- 1.0.2 Types of Jnanabhumi Scholarships:
- 1.0.3 The amount under the scheme:
- 1.0.4 How to apply for AP Jnanabhumi Scholarship online?
- 1.0.5 Eligibility:
- 1.0.6 Documents required:
- 1.0.7 How to check the status of the application?
- 1.0.8 How to apply for renewal of the AP Jnanabhumi Scholarship?
- 1.0.9 Application deadline for 2023:
- 1.0.10 Contact details:
- 2 Frequently asked questions (FAQs):
Jnanabhumi Scholarship Overview:
The Andhra Pradesh government launched the Jnanabhumi Scholarship program in 2016. The main aim is to provide financial support to students from an economically weak backgrounds of SC/ST/BC/Minority families. The Government provided an online portal through which students can apply online. There are many different types of scholarships given in different categories.
The entire process can be done online, which makes it even easier. After applying for one year, you can renew your application for another year also. Fifteen major government departments are offering this Scholarship. Along with the Scholarship, there are other benefits, like fee reimbursement. It applies only to SC/ST/BC/Minority and disabled people.
|AP Jnanabhumi Scholarship
|AP State Minority Finance Corporation ltd
|To provide scholarships for needed students
Objectives of Jnanabhumi Scholarship:
- To create equal educational options for every student.
- To help students from economically weak backgrounds and SC/ST/BC/Minority families.
- The main aim is to give financial support to students who have merit.
Types of Jnanabhumi Scholarships:
Under the AP Jnanabhumi scholarship, different scholarships are based on different categories. They are,
- Pre-matric Scholarship for SC/ST/BC/Disabled.
- Post-matric Scholarship for SC/ST/BC/Disabled.
- Ambedkar Overseas Vidyanidi Scheme.
- YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme.
The amount under the scheme:
Even though the Jnanabhumi scholarship has different schemes, the amount varies for every category.
|SC/ST- 5th to 8th students get Rs.1000/- for boys and Rs.1500 for girls.
SC/ST- 9th and 10th students get Rs.1500 and Rs.750 for books.
|Hostelers students get Rs.3500/- and Rs.1000 for books.
|Jagananna Vidya Dheevana
|Full fee reimbursement
|Jagananna Vidya Dheevana
|ITI students get Rs.1000; Polytechnic students get Rs.15000; masters and PhD students get Rs.2000
How to apply for AP Jnanabhumi Scholarship online?
There are two types of scholarships under the AP Jnanabhumi Scholarship. There are two different ways to apply them. They are,
- To apply for Post-matric then, visit the official website of the scheme.
- On the homepage, select the Post-Matric Scholarship link.
- After opening the link, you can see the application form on the screen.
- Download the application form and take a print of it.
- Now, fill in all the details correctly.
- Attach the required documents.
- Now, get the sign from the principal of the institution.
- After signing, the principal will verify the documents and submit them to Jnanabhumi.
- You will get a confirmation SMS. Confirm it.
- Visit the nearest Meeseva centre and ask them to continue the process further.
- Provide details like Aadhar number, application ID and Biometrics.
- After the selection process, if you are selected, you will get a scholarship.
- Firstly, visit the official website of Jananbhumi.
- On the screen, you can see the Pre-Matric Scholarship option. Click on it.
- Select the How to apply option. Read all the information shown on the screen.
- Next, open the form and fill in all the details correctly.
- If needed, attach all the scanned documents.
- Submit the form after submission Hostel Welfare Office will verify all your information and confirm your application.
- If you are selected District Welfare officer will sanction the Scholarship.
The eligibility requirements for both Post-Matric and Pre-Matric scholarships differ under AP Jnanabhumi Scholarship.
- The applicant must enrol in a recognized university between the 11th class to the PhD level, the Post-Matric level.
- The student should have good grades in previous years of education.
- They must have a valid Principal recommendation.
- Must be from SC/ST/BC/Kapu/EBC/PWD backgrounds.
- The annual income of the student’s family must be less than Rs.2 Lakh for SC/ST and Rs.1 Lakh for other backward castes.
- This is eligible for students of 5th to 10th class from SC/ST/BC backgrounds.
- The students must be from economically backward families.
- SC/ST/Disabled students are from 5th to 10th standards.
- BC students are from 9th and 10th standards.
- Their aggregate from the previous year’s education must be above 90%.
- The family income should be less than Rs.2 Lakh.
Some documents are important during your application and verification for the AP Jnanabhumi scholarship. They are,
- White Ration card
- Income certificate ID number.
- Caste (or) community certificate
- ID issued by Meeseva
- Aadhar card
- Bank account details
- Passport size photo
- Previous year mark sheets.
- Bonafide certificate from Tahsildar.
How to check the status of the application?
To check the status of your AP Jnanabhumi Scholarship application, you can follow the below steps.
- Visit the official website, i.e., https://jnanabhumi.ap.gov.in.
- After opening the portal, login into your account using your application ID, password and Captcha code.
- On the screen, you can see the Status option. Click on it.
- You will see your application status on the screen.
- The Government also sends an SMS to your mobile number if you are selected for the Scholarship.
How to apply for renewal of the AP Jnanabhumi Scholarship?
There is an option to renew your application for the next year. You can renew it by the following steps.
- Open the official website in the browser.
- Login to your account using the application ID, Password and Captcha code.
- Next, you can see Renew option. Click on it.
- Then update your college name, year of education, bank account details, family income, email ID and phone number.
- Finally, after entering all the details, submit the form.
Application deadline for 2023:
|Application date for 2023
|Last date for applying
|Status of the application
|It will be notified soon
If you have any issues regarding the application or want to check the application status, you can contact the office by
Phone number: 08645-274025(toll-free)/ 08645-274029(PMO).
Frequently asked questions (FAQs):
During application, you will directly get the application ID and have to change your password after your first login.
After the application, the student will get money within three months of the deadline.
The answer is no. Students get only a partial amount that can help with their education.
Yes, after the selection process, if you are selected, the amount will be directly transferred to your bank account.