The Uttar Pradesh government initiated an online Property and Marriage Registration IGRSUP or IGRS portal. The Stamp and Registration Department regulates documents like stable and immovable properties.
The department will preserve the registration documents and make them accessible. The Stamp and Revenue Department works on two Acts – The Registration Act of 1908 and the Indian Stamp Act of 1899.
Registration Act works on preserving the documents for future purposes. Indian Stamp Act, the department undertook to collect stamp duty payable on the papers, a significant revenue source for the UP government.
The citizens of Uttar Pradesh state can quickly get property and marriage registrations through IGRS UP.
The government of UP introduced IGRSUP to publicise transparency between the citizens and the government in the registration process.
The portal will also provide other services like real estate registration, deed certification copy, a search of the property, new appointments for a property, etc.
Citizens used to visit government offices to register property, marriage registration, deed certification, etc., but now they can apply through the online portal of IGRSUP.
- 1 Facilities of the IGRSUP Portal
- 2 Property Registration
- 3 Marriage Registration
- 4 Guidelines for Registration of Property and Marriage in IGRSUP
Facilities of the IGRSUP Portal
Through this IGRS UP portal, we can apply for property registration in Uttar Pradesh. We can also avail of other facilities like:
- Application for Industrial Property-Registration through the investment-friendly portal
- Property Registration
- Search Property
- New Appointment for Property Registration
- Property Details
- Marriage Registration
- Aadhaar-based Marriage Registration Verification
- Free Certificate for Twelve-year-old
- Copy of Deeds Certificate
For property registration, you have to follow eligibility.
Eligibility for Property Registration – IGRSUP
- Permanent Residents of Uttar Pradesh are eligible for Registration of Property at IGRSUP.
- Identity Card of the person who wants to sell or buy the property.
- Residency Certificate
- Witness Identity Card
- Application form copy
- Land or Property Documents
- Mobile number
- Passport Size photo
Application for IGRS UP Property Registration
People applying for IGRS UP property registration must follow the procedure below.
- First, visit the official website of IGRSUP.
- The home page appears. Under Citizen online services, click on “Apply.”
- A new page opens with two options: a new application and a user login. Click on the “new application” option.
- The property registration form opens. Fill in the necessary information like district tehsil, mobile number, password, etc., and click the “proceed” option.
- After registration, the applicant receives an application number for future reference.
- Login with the application number and password, correctly fill in the other required details and submit the form.
New Appointment for Registration of Property
Applicants have already applied for property registration on the IGRS UP portal and want to make an appointment to register the property. Below is the procedure.
- Visit the official website of IGRS UP.
- On the home page, click on the “property registration appointment.”
- The login page opens; log in with the application number and password.
- Provide the required details and get the appointment for registration.
Search Property in IGRSUP (Stamp and Registration Department)
- To search for the property in IGRSUP, visit the official portal.
- Click on the “search property.”
- A new page opens with the list of options. Select one of the options according to the applicant’s convenience.
- Fill in the information required in the form, like property address, the registration office, village, etc.
For marriage registration, you have to follow eligibility.
Eligibility for Marriage Registration in IGRS UP
- The applicant must be a Permanent Resident of UP.
- Wife and Husband’s Aadhaar Card
- Age certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Identity Card
- Passport-size photos of spouses
- Couple Photo
- Mobile number
Marriage Registration Application Process in IGRS UP
- Visit the online portal of IGRSUP for Marriage registration.
- The home page opens. Click on the “Apply” option below Marriage registration.
- A new page appears asking for consent for Aadhaar authentication for marriage registration. Click on “Yes” and “Application marriage registration.”
- The application form appears. Fill out the form with the necessary information and upload the required documents. Click on the “submit” option. Now, the marriage registration is completed.
Process of Verifying Marriage Registration (Stamp and Registration Department)
- Applicants have to visit the online portal of IGRS UP.
- Click on the “Aadhaar-based marriage registration verification” on the home page below the marriage registration.
- A new page appears where the applicant has to fill in the details like a certificate or application number, marriage date, and Captcha code, and click the “see” option.
- The status of marriage registration will be displayed.
Guidelines for Registration of Property and Marriage in IGRSUP
- The application forms must be filled out in Hindi and English.
- Applicants must create the passwords and save the application number and password for future reference.
- Fill in the residence address as the same certificate of whose exception you are making.
- Uploading the residence certificate, photo, identity card, age certificate, etc., is mandatory.
- Make sure to provide the correct information, like locality/village.
- The bride and groom have to submit the affidavit for the marriage certificate.
- Thoroughly cross-check every piece of information filled in the preview. If there is an error, go to that option and correct it.
- After filling out the form, choose the payment option of your convenience and pay.
- Take a printout of the “payment acknowledgement” after payment.
Under the new policy, if a property is transferred within the family, instead of a seven per cent stamp duty on the property cost, only Rs 6,000 will be charged as a transfer fee, effective June 16, 2022.
In Uttar Pradesh, buyers must pay 7% of the transaction cost as stamp duty. Also, the registration fee for land is 1% of the entire value of your property, up to a maximum of INR 30,000.
The registration fee of a Relinquishment Deed is 1% of the total value of the Deed, along with Rs. 100/- pasting charges.
Property registration requires the preparation of documents and paying the applicable stamp duty registration charges for the sale deed to be legally recorded at the Sub-Registrar’s office. Department of Stamps and Registration manages the registration and transfer of property in Uttar Pradesh.