Aadhaar Card is the unique identification number that is the most important source of personal use across India. Aadhaar now needed for various things for getting subsidies and for filing income tax returns. Women after getting married will have to change the name in their Aadhaar card so that there will not be any complications in the future. Here everyone can come to know the documents required for name and address change in Aadhaar card after marriage procedure.
Documents Required for Name & Address Change in Aadhaar Card after marriage
- Marriage Certificate
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Credit Card photos
- Bank ATM cards with photos
- Any photo ID card from the government of India
How to Change Name & Address in Aadhaar Card after marriage
- Women who want to change their name and address after marriage must visit the official portal of the Aadhaar self-service update portal.
- Click on the “proceed to update Aadhaar” option on the home page.
- Enter the Aadhaar number, Captcha code, and click on send OTP.
- An OTP sent to the Aadhaar registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on the Login option.
- A new page appears where the applicant has to update the name and address and upload all the required documents, click on submit.
- The government will validate and verify all the documents submitted and will send an approval message to the registered mobile number.
- The government does not charge fees for this procedure.
- For the offline methods, women who want to change names and addresses must visit the Aadhaar Enrolment center.
- Applicants have to carry all the required documents needed for name and address change in the Aadhaar card.
- Make sure to carry original documents also for verification and also to submit the scanned copies to handover at the center.
- In this process, the applicants can also update other changes and update the biometrics.
- The nominal fee of Rs 50 has to be charged for the offline method.
Things to be considered
- Updating Aadhaar card details is easy but women who want to update must make note of some points.
- Correcting or updating Aadhaar details done using URN (Update Request Number) and keep that URN safe to check the status of updating.
- The process of changing or correcting the name and address process takes 90 days to complete. After that, we can download e-Aadhaar through the UIDAI website.
- All the required information should be provided and check twice before changing the name and address.
- Upload all the needed scanned documents uploaded or handover and also carry photocopies of the documents for further use.