Jagananna Jeevan Kranti Scheme
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy embarked on a new scheme on Thursday, December 10, 2020, Jagananna Jeeva Kranti or Jagananna Jeevan Kranti to empower women. With this scheme, the government wants to make women of the state economically strong by distributing sheep and goats with doing less hard work and less investment to improve and change their living standards.
According to this Jagananna Jeeva Kranti scheme the government will provide sheep and goats to women of age between 45 to 60 years from BC, SC, ST, and minority women. The women get financial help from the Raitu Bharosa Kendra’s of the AP government. Women distributed with 2.49 lakh sheep and goats under this scheme. For this, the government is spending Rs 1868.63 crore.
YS Jagan Mohan Reddy starts the Jagananna Jeevan Kranti scheme through a video conference from the camp office. Before the elections, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy promised during Padayatra to empower women of BC, SC, ST, and minority women with the financial benefit from the government, and today that promise is fulfilled.
The sheep and goats are distributed in three phases
- In the first phase, the government decided to deliver 20000 units by March 2021.
- In the second phase, the government delivers 130000 units from April to August 2021.
- And in the third phase, it delivers 99000 units from September to December 2021.
What does Women Get Under Jagananna Jeeva Kranti Scheme?
- The government of Andhra Pradesh wants to empower women of BC, SC, ST, and minority women by providing financial benefits for their living.
- As per the government, every woman between the ages of 45 to 60 years will get a unit of Sheep or goats for their survival.
- Each unit contains 14 sheep or goats with one male sheep or goat, a total of 14+1. And for one unit only per woman.
- Women can purchase any species of sheep Dodipi, Nellore Brown, Brown famous sheep from Vijayanagar, Black Bengal, or any sheep or goat from local species.
Allana Food Association Agreement with Jagananna Jeeva Kranti
Andhra Pradesh government has an agreement with Allana Food Association for this Jagananna Jeevan Kranti scheme. Women, trained in generating income by selling the meat and meat products to Allana Food Association. Allana Food Association already started its center in the East Godavari district, so that women can supply good quality meat. Also, it is planning to expand the branches in Kurnool, Vizianagaram, and Srikakulam districts simultaneously.
Benefits under Jagananna Jeevan Kranti Scheme
- With this scheme, poor women will get employment by bringing up sheep and goats. Simultaneously the rural areas of the state developed economically. The fresh and high protein meat of sheep and goats also boosts the immune system.
- Women get good income with this scheme and rapid development occurs which causes the reproduction process. With the sheep and goat manure, the farmers can boost their organic farming. The AP government prepared a transparent process for any type of distribution and procurement process so that no corruption or manipulation occurs.
- Women can select the sheep and goats by the prescribed procedure. The government-appointed two veterinarians, one selection representative, and one bank officer to help the women select the sheep and goat. A team of five members visits the Raitu Bharosa Kendra or cattle market to inspect the sheep and goats, purchase them according to the choice of beneficiaries.
- After the selection is done, sheep and goats are worn earrings to identify the purchase. These will have three years of insurance.