About OMR Sheet:
OMR stands for Optical Mark Reader. OMR sheet is a printed security sheet, which contains the bubbles and timing track sensors. The OMR sheet bubbles are to be filled by the candidates in front of the correct option. The timing tracks help us to read the OMR sheet. OMR sheets are mostly used for examination purposes. OMR sheet requires some information to be filled by the candidate while taking the exam. The OMR sheet contains some personal information about the candidate. Personal information includes Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Roll Number, Category, Address, etc.
Updated technology in sheets is tick mark technology. In this technology, the candidate can tick the option instead of filling the bubbles or circles, and the scanning software can also accept the tick.
Applications of OMR:
OMR sheets are used for different types of exams and other purposes. They are mostly used in exams with only multiple-choice questions. The various applications where you can use the sheets are :
- For registration
- For admissions
- In olympiad exams
- Entrance Exams
- In competitive exams
- recruitment exams
- In scientific surveys
- marketing surveys
- In feedback forms
- For attendance sheets
In some cases, we can use the OMR sheet for election purposes.
Types of OMR sheets:
There are different types of OMR sheets. The types of sheets are :
- Single OMR sheet: Generally, we use this sheet for many examinations. This sheet is only one-side and contains the personal information column and bar code.
- Carbon Less Duplex Sheet: The carbonless sheet is in Duplicate or duplex and used for sensitive exams only.
- Carbonless in Triplicate: Carbonless sheet is in triplicate is also use for very sensitive exams only. In this type of sheet, three copies will be there. One copy is given to the student for verification purposes, and the other is taken for evaluation. The third one is retain for record.
- OMR sheet with Answer Booklet: Some answer booklets are staple with the sheet. This type of answer booklet is use in public exams to keep the candidate information confidential.
- Folded OMR sheet: This is use where you cannot fill the information within one page. Two single sheets are take from the student after the exam for evaluation purposes.
- OMR sheet with variable data printing: In this type of sheet, the candidates gets their own OMR sheet with the candidate information print on it.
OMR Full Form:
Optical Mark Recognition is the full form of OMR, and Optical Mark Reader is also another name for OMR sheets.
Instructions for filling the OMR sheet:
There are some instructions to be follow by the candidates or the persons filling the OMR sheets. The instructions are:
- Use only a Black or blue ballpoint pen for filling the OMR sheets. You should not fill the sheet with gel pens or fountain pens.
- While filling the sheet, you should darken the bubbles completely. Half fill or overfill bubbles are not detect by the software while evaluating.
- If specify in the OMR sheet that the sheet has the latest technology of detecting the tick marks, then fill the tick marks.
- Use of pencils is also not recommend unless specified by the examination authority.
- If you are instruct to fill the sheet with a pencil, go for the HB or 2B pencils.
- It would be best to not use the white inks or the highlighters in the sheet as it may cause the evaluation process to fail.
- Be careful while filling the OMR sheet, as unnecessary marks on the sheet may lead to the failure of the scanning process.
- It would be best if you did not write anything on the sheet except were ask to write.
- Do not do any rough work on the sheet.
- Marking multiple answers is also not valid.
- Make sure that you have filled in all the details properly and sign wherever required.
- Make sure that your sheet has the signature of your invigilator.
These are some important instructions that are to be take into consideration while filling the sheet.
OMR sheet practice:
The students can practice the sheet filling by taking the practice papers online and practising them. As many students fill the OMR sheets for the first time, they will get an idea with these practice papers.
We see huge searches for the OMR practice sheets in the search engines. We suggest you some OMR practice papers for free here.
You can search for OMR sheet pdf download in google search bar to find many images of the sheets on google or some other webpages, download them and take a printout of the sheets and practice.
To download the OMR practice sheets for free, click here.