Ayushman Bharat Scheme is a health protection scheme initiated by the Indian government to support the well-being of low-income people.
In this article, we can learn about the Ayushman Bharat Card download process and registration using the PMJAY website. It contains two major health components, which are
- Health and Wellness Centre (HWC) and
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)
- 1 Ayushman Bharat card
- 1.1 Diseases Covered Under the Scheme:
- 1.2 Process of applying For the Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- 1.3 Ayushman Bharat Scheme Card Download
Health and Wellness Centers (HWCs)
In February 2018, the Indian government established 1,50,000 Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs) by altering the current sub-centres and Primary Health Centres.
These centres give Comprehensive Primary Health Care (CPHC), bringing healthcare closer to people’s homes. They cover maternal and child health services, non-communicable diseases, free essential drugs and diagnostic services.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)
The second initiative under Ayushman Bharat is the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or PM-JAY. This scheme was kept in motion on 23rd September 2018 in Ranchi, Jharkhand, by the Honourable Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi.
PM-JAY is the largest health assurance scheme globally, which desires to provide health insurance of Rs.5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization to over 10.74 crores of families.
The scheme guarantees cashless treatment at public hospitals as well as private hospitals. Furthermore, expensive surgeries like knee replacements, coronary bypasses, and others are also covered. The main use of the PMJAY scheme is to provide financial protection during unexpected events.
In this article, let us see details about the Ayushman card, Ayushman card online, Ayushman card download, Ayushman card application, Ayushman card print, and Ayushman card list.
Ayushman Bharat card
Ayushman Bharat Card is a card by which any country person can get free treatment up to Rs 5 lakh in selected government and private hospitals under the Ayushman Bharat scheme.
These cards are given to people experiencing poverty who will receive the Ayushman Bharat scheme.
Ayushman card The Indian government has started an online registration process to download the Ayushman card or get its printout after applying under the Jan Arogya Yojana.
The benefits of the Ayushman Bharat scheme are given below:
- It covers all hospitalization costs with cashless transactions to beneficiaries.
- Accommodation during hospitalization.
- Pre and post-hospitalization costs.
- Any complications arising during the treatment
- Applicable for all your family members.
- It has no cap on family size, age, or gender.
- From day one, Pre-existing conditions are included.
Diseases Covered Under the Scheme:
The list of the critical illnesses covered under the Ayushman Bharat scheme is given below
- Prostate cancer.
- Double valve replacement.
- Coronary artery bypass graft.
- Pulmonary valve replacement.
- Skull base surgery.
- Anterior spine fixation.
- Laryngopharyngectomy with gastric pull-up
- Tissue expander for disfigurement following burns.
- Carotid angioplasty with stent.
The Ayushman Bharat Scheme Eligibility is created with pre-conditions so that only underprivileged people benefit from the scheme.
The Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011 involves ranking houses based on their socio-economic status. The rural houses are ranked depending upon their status of seven deprivation criteria.
- Houses with only one room with Kucha walls and roof
- There should be no adult members between 16 and 59 years old.
- There should be no adult male member between 16 and 59 years old.
SC and ST
- Disabled members in the family and no-abled bodied members in the house
- Landless households and also major sources of income are through manual casual labour.
- Domestic worker
- Service providers on the street like cobblers, street vendor
- Plumber, Mason, Coolie, Construction Worker, Security Guard, Painter, Labour, Welder.
- Sweeper, Sanitation Worker, Mali.
- Artisan, Transport Worker, Handicrafts Worker, Tailor, Home-based Worker.
- Driver, Conductor, Helper to Drivers, Conductor’s Cart, or Rickshaw Pullers.
- Shop Workers, Attendant, Peon in Small Establishments, Assistants, Helper, Delivery Assistants/Waiter.
- Mechanic, Electrician, Repair Worker/Assembler.
- Chowkidar, Washer-man.
Non-eligibility for the Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- People who have mechanized farming equipment
- Who owns a two, three, or four-wheeler
- People who hold a Kisan card
- Government employees
- People who own a motorized fishing boat
- People who are earning more than Rs.10,000 per month
- Who are working in government-run non-agricultural enterprises
- People who have more than 5 acres of agricultural land
- People who own landline phones or refrigerators
- Who live indecently built houses
Process of applying For the Ayushman Bharat Scheme
The following are the required documents.
- Identity card
- Age Proof
- Mobile number, email address, and residential address
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Documents stating your current family status
For the ayushman card application process, you need to determine whether you are a beneficiary of the scheme. Below is the process to find out whether you are eligible for the Ayushman Bharat Scheme Registration:
- Visit the PMJAY website.
- Click on the “Am I Eligible” button
- Enter mobile number
- Enter Captcha
- Click on “Generate OTP.”
- Choose your state and search by your name, mobile number, HHD number, or ration card number.
- You can see if you are eligible for the government healthcare scheme.
- If yes, then visit the nearest PMJAY Kiosk to verify your documents.
- After verifying the documents, the representative issues an Ayushman card to you and your beneficiaries.
Ayushman Bharat Scheme Card Download
Ayushman Bharat Cards are given to those with their names in the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. Follow the given steps for the ayushman Bharat card download process.
- Visit the official website of PMJAY.
- Click on the login option on the home page
- Enter your Email id & password.
- Click the sign-in option.
- A new page will appear on the screen
- Enter your aadhar card number
- After this is verified by thumb impression and click on the approved beneficiary option
- Now, the list of the approved golden cards will appear
- Select your name
- Click on Confirm the Print option.
- Now, you will be redirected to the CSC wallet
- Here, enter your password and pin
- Click on the download option
- Above is the process for the ayushman card download
How to Check the Name in the PMJAY List?
To check the ayushman card list, you can check it through different methods.
Common Service Centre (CSC):
Go to the nearest CSCs, or you can go to any of the empanelled hospitals to check whether you are eligible for the healthcare scheme.
PMJAY helpline numbers are available to provide information about eligibility for the scheme. You can contact 14555 or 1800-111-565.
Go to the official website of PMJAY and check if you are eligible for the scheme.
Ayushman Bharat Scheme Contact Details
- Email: webmaster-pmjay[at]nha[dot]gov[dot]in
- Postal Address: 9th Floor, Tower-l, Jeevan Bharati Building, Connaught Place, New Delhi – 110001
- Toll-Free Call Center No: 14555
Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission will subsume the ongoing centrally sponsored schemes – Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the older citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).
This scheme is designed to provide cash benefits of up to Rs 5,000 to lactating mothers and pregnant women.
Rs. five lahks per family per annum.
Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY is the largest health assurance scheme in the world which aims at providing a health cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization to over 12 crores of poor and vulnerable families (approximately 55 crore beneficiaries) that form the bottom 40% of the Indian population.