In Telangana state, the MLC election candidates and Assembly and Parliament elections are nominated. MLC elections differ slightly in process and procedure from Parliament and Assembly elections. But for these elections, voters are the citizens who completed three years of graduation. Graduates can apply online for the MLC voter registration by filling out form-18 of the state’s Election commission.
In Telangana, the election commission also wants all the voters to register online for MLC elections like all the other states. Citizens can now register by visiting the online portal of the official Chief Election Commission Telangana website.
Schedule of MLC Voter Registration
- Voter registration Start: 1 October 2023
- Last Date for Registration: 6 November 2023
- Voter drafted list: 1 December 2023
- Final Voter List: 18 January 2023
MLC Voter Registration Eligibility
- Applicant must be a resident of a local constituency.
- The applicant must be a qualified prior three-year graduate by 1 November 2023, which means the applicants who completed graduation in 2017 are eligible.
- Graduated applicants who qualified former are also eligible.
Apply Online for MLC Voter Registration
- Citizens must first visit the Telangana CEO’s official website to apply Online for MLC voter registration.
- The home page opens. Now click on E- Registration and select Form-18 from the council Constituency.
- A new page appears where the applicant has to fill out the registration form.
- First, enter the graduate constituency and district. And also, fill in the applicant’s details like name, surname, type of relation, relation name and surname, Date of birth, gender, education qualification, and occupation.
- Also, enter the full address with pin code and district, an assembly constituency, epic no., polling station, and SI no. in the Police station.
- Information regarding the graduation year, University name, and upload all the supporting documents of certificates and photos.
- After uploading the documents, select the option “my name has been included in the electoral roll for this or any other constituency.”
- Finally, select the district, constituency, mobile number, and email ID, check the details, and click the submit option.
- It is the process of MLC voter registration.
Fourteen members are indirectly elected by the state legislators, 14 by Local Authorities, three by Graduates and three by teachers’ constituencies. The Governor of Telangana nominates up to 6 eminent people as members from various fields.
MLCs are chosen in the following manner: One-third are elected by the members of local bodies such as municipalities, Gram panchayats, Panchayat samiti and district councils.
2,30,000 per month. The Member is to an Accommodate Allowance of Rs. 25,000 per month if he does not avail accommodation in the Legislators Hostel.