Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar, We all know that in 2014 Swachh Bharat Mission or what you call Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan was launched by our honourable Prime Minister, Mr Narendra Modi ji.
- 1 Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar Registration
- 1.0.1 Eligibility Criteria
- 1.0.2 Selection under Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar
- 1.0.3 How to apply Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar?
- 1.0.4 Steps to access Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar information
- 1.0.5 Registration of Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar
- 1.0.6 Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar Login
- 1.0.7 FAQs
Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar Registration
The mission had launched to make India cleaner, address the lack of hygiene, and ensure healthy living in India.
And to take this mission a step further and make India a clean country, the Ministry of Education of India has announced an award called Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar.
In this, the Government of India awards/puraskar to those Vidyalayas/Schools. Cleanliness is ahead. Public and private schools can also participate in this Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar to get the award through online registration.
Schools in both rural and urban areas can participate. It does not mean whether it is a private school or a government school or whether it is in an urban city or a rural area.
Any Indian school can participate in this, but the school must ensure the cleanliness of every part of the school.
In this, the school’s washroom, playground, labs, cabins, classrooms, clean drinking water etc., should be neat and clean; only then the school has a chance to get an award. After seeing all this, the government respects the school.
To receive this award, the school needs proper cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation management. This award had presented at national, state and district levels.
Awards are open to (a) Government and Aided Schools; and (b) private schools in rural and urban areas. Schools’ performance had evaluated under the following categories of
- Washing hands with soap
- Operations and Management
- Behaviour change and capacity building.
Schools’ performance had scored against categories, and schools are rated as follows:
|90% – 100% of the Norms||Excellent Keep it up!!|
|75%- 89% adherence to the Norms||Very good|
|51% – 74% adherence to the Norms||Poor; needs considerable improvement.|
|35% – 50% adherence to Norms||Fair; needs improvement|
|Below 35% adherence to the Norms||Poor; needs considerable improvement.|
Each school must score at least two-star ratings in each sub-category to qualify for any award. Awards had categorized at the district, state/UT, and national levels.
Selection under Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar
District Level Awards:
Online (web/mobile) applications for all five-star, four-star and three-star rated schools received before the cut-off date will screen by a district-level committee headed by the District Collector (or their designee).
And District Education Officer, three eminent school teachers, Superintendent Engineer (Water Supply / PhD), District Health Officer and two members from civil society organizations/NGOs.
State-level awards or UT-level awards:
Open to five-star and four-star rated schools. Schools selected for district-level awards will consider for state/UT-level awards with an overall rating of not less than four stars.
If the number of schools with five-star ratings is high in a district, all the schools with a total five-star rating will consider for State/UT-level awards.
National level awards
Open to five-star categories only. A maximum of 100 schools each at the elementary and secondary level will be provided nationally (with a ceiling of 30 urban and 70 rural schools at each level).
A maximum of 40 schools selected for State/UT level awards with a five-star rating from each State/UT will consider for National level awards.
The three best-performing states will be recognized and awarded with a certificate of recognition based on the scores achieved by their nominated schools that qualify for the national-level award.
How to apply Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar?
- All schools had invited to apply for the awards.
- Registration of schools had done with the school’s UDISE code. If you don’t have UDISE+ Code, download Data Capture Format (DCF) and submit it at Block / District / State Level Office to generate UDISE + Code.
- Schools complete the basic information section in a pre-determined format.
- After submission, a “password” will be sent to the mobile number given by the school in the basic information section.
- Schools log in with the U-DISE code and password to complete the remaining six sections of the survey.
Steps to access Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar information
- Option A: Download the mobile app (play Store/store) or give a missed call to 07097298093 to get app links on your mobile.
- Option B: Fill out the online survey
- Option C: Download the survey format, fill it and seek help to complete the survey using option A or option B. Please read the terms for filling out the survey.
Registration of Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar
- First, visit the official website. Then you will see the home page of this website.
- Click on Login, and then the first time user clicks on Sign Up.
- After this, you must enter details like your school name, state, district, village etc.
- After these steps, you must enter your school ID and password.
- After that, click on submit button.
- And the registration is complete.
Note: present new registration process was closed
Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar Login
- To Login, you need to visit the official website.
- Then, you must find the Login on the website’s home page.
- Now after that, enter your username and password.
- Click on the Login.
- It is how you log into your account.
60,000/- for 34 schools (in the whole category) and Rs. 20,000/-(in sub-categories) are awarded to the awarded schools.
The Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar was instituted by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, in 2016 to recognize, inspire and celebrate great sanitation and hygiene practices in schools.
In 2014, the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development (now Ministry of Education), launched the ‘Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya’ (SBSV) program to ensure that every school in the country has a functioning, well-managed water, sanitation and hygiene. It has Hygiene facilities for children.
The campaign had launched on October 2, 2014, when Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi formally launched the campaign. The HRD Ministry had decided to start the Swachh Vidyalaya campaign on September 25, 2014, in Kendriya Vidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalaya Sangathans.