Jagananna Thodu Scheme 2020 | Street Vendor Scheme | Jagananna Thodu Registration & Online Application | Benefits of Jagananna Thodu Scheme | Street Vendors | AP YSR Jagananna Thodu Beneficiary Status | Street Hawkers
YSR Jagananna Thodu Scheme
The Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister is implementing many welfare schemes as promised before elections. Jagananna Thodu Scheme also launched by YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on 25th November 2020. This scheme is to provide a monetary benefit to the small street vendors. The government wants to provide loan assistance to the street hawkers and vendors.
According to the scheme, every eligible street vendor will get an interest-free working capital loan of Rs 10000 from the government directly to their bank accounts. Due to Corona Virus Pandemic, the central government introduced PM Atmanirbhar Bharat and AP YSR Jagananna Thodu is on the same line. This scheme is for the street vendors who are finding difficulty in their livelihood due to the Covid-19 crises.
By this scheme, the street hawkers and vendors can live a pretty happy livelihood. Concerned authorities from the government will provide the loan for the eligible beneficiaries. Nearly 10 Lakh vendors applied for AP YSR Jagananna Thodu to get benefits from the government. So the AP government released Rs 1000 crore for this purpose and the money will be credited directly to the beneficiary bank account.
This loan interest paid through the AP government. The interest amount is refunded to the beneficiary account by the government. The beneficiaries will be given the QR based ID cards, the scheme monitored by SERP, MEPMA officials. The village/ward volunteers identified nearly 9 lakh beneficiaries in a survey. The beneficiary list will be displayed at secretariats for social audit purposes.
The AP government is going to provide ID cards and Rs 10000 interest-free loans to the street vendors & hawkers through Jagananna Thodu Scheme. Till now nearly 10 Lakh applications received by the government. As directed by Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy all the beneficiary’s bank accounts linking procedure completed by November 24th, 2020.
Jagananna Thodu Scheme Benefits
- The main objective of this scheme is to provide monitory benefit to the street vendors of Rs 10000 for their business expansion.
- The government wants to support the footpath vendors by pushing them through providing loans for their survival.
- Banks will provide the loans through the instructions from the Chief Minister of AP to the street vendors.
- Loans are from the banks for vendors with free interest and the government will cover the interest.
- The beneficiaries pay the loan in installments.
- The whole project costs Rs 474 crore and the authorities already identified around 9.08 lakh beneficiaries so far.
Eligibility for Jagananna Thodu
- The age of the beneficiary must be 18 years and above.
- Sellers who sell vegetables, fruits, ready-to-eat street food, bread, eggs, pakodas, textiles, books/stationery, artisan products, etc. are eligible for AP Jagananna Thodu Scheme 2020.
- Cobblers, Barbershops, laundry services, pan shops, etc. are also included as street vendors to avail the benefit of the scheme.
- The family income of the street vendor must be Rs 10000 and less in villages and RS 12000 and less in towns.
- People who carry and sell goods are also considered street vendors, and they also can avail themselves of the benefit.
- People who sell their goods like vegetables, fruits, groceries on footpaths, carts, and bicycles are eligible for this scheme.
- The people who are having permanent or temporary shops of 5 feet long, 5 feet wide or less are eligible for the scheme.
- People who run tiffin centers at the roadside and sell items on baskets are also eligible.
AP YSR Jagananna Thodu Scheme Required Documents
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID card
- Bank Account
- Government Identification documents
- Mobile Number
Registration & Online Application Process
- To apply for the Jagananna Thodu scheme, first, the street hawkers must register with a mobile number. So the applicants must visit the official website of PM Svanidhi.
- On the home page click on apply or loan.
- A new page appears, enter the mobile number, and click on request for OTP.
- OTP generates to the mobile number registered.
- Enter the generated OTP and click on verify OTP.
- A new page opens with the application form.
- Fill the form with the required details and upload all the necessary documents.
- Check once the provided information and click on the submit option. Registration and application process completed.
How to Check the Beneficiary Status of Jagananna Thodu Scheme?
- To check the beneficiary list of the Jagananna Thodu scheme, applicants must visit the official website of PM Svanidhi.
- On the home page click on the Scheme Guidelines and select Vendor Survey list from the drop-down.
- A new page opens with street vendor survey search fill the form with state, ULB name, vendor ID card number, name, father/spouse name, mobile number, certificate of vending number.
- Check the entered details and click on the search option.
- The status of the survey will display on the screen.