YSR Jalakala Scheme
The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, as a part of the YSR Navaratnalu Scheme, launching the YSR Jalakala Scheme for the welfare of farmers. The scheme is launching on 28th September 2020 to provide free borewells to small and marginal farmers. YSR Jalakala scheme is also known as YSR Free Borewell Scheme.
Under this scheme 1.98 lakh farmers will get the benefit of free borewells in four years. The government also launched the official website for farmers to apply and to track their application status. Farmers have to submit the application form by directly visiting MPDVola.
YSR Jalakala Scheme launched to provide the available groundwater resource to improve the livelihoods of farmers and also to improve GSDP (Gross State Domestic Product) under the primary section.
All the eligible farmers from 13 districts of Andhra Pradesh are eligible for irrigating every acre of fertile land.
AP YSR Jalakala Latest Update
Andhra Pradesh government changed some rules. In a family, only one person is eligible to apply for YSR Jalakala. The government noticed, few people from the same family having their agricultural lands side-by-side applied for more than three borewells. According to the Walta Act, there must be a minimum of 200 meters distance between the borewells.
Keeping the Walta Act in mind the Commissioner of Panchayat Raj Shri Gopala Krishna Dwivedi announced the changes in YSR Jalakala. Under that once a family sanctioned with borewells will not be eligible for the other time. Government employees and retired government employees are not eligible to apply for borewells.
Features of YSR Jalakala
- The government of Andhra Pradesh will scientifically conduct groundwater surveys to identify the borewell sites before taking up the drilling.
- Farmers with 2.5 acres with contiguous land and without borewell are eligible. If the farmer does not have contiguous land of 2.5 acres, all those types of farmers can form a group and apply for the free borewell.
- The government will give priority to mainly small and marginal farmers, SC/ST/Women farmers.
- Farmers can avail of this scheme by applying online and also offline through the village secretariat. After submission of the application, VRO will verify and forward it to the concerned APD/MPDO.
- The assigned drilling master will conduct a survey of groundwater with the help of geologists and submit the report to the concerned APD/MPDO for estimation.
- Now PD will take administrative approval from District Collector/Joint Collector and hand it over to the drilling contractor to work.
- Applicants will get every piece of information regarding the sanction of borewells at every stage through SMS.
- After completion of borewell drilling, the digital photographs with geo-tags are taken by the concerned authorities along with the beneficiaries in the presence of the drilling contractors.
- To minimize human intervention, the government of AP using IoT enabled equipment to measure the depth of borewell drilled and casing.
- Payments for the drilling contractors made depending on the predefined success rate of districts. If the borewell fails, a second borewell drilled according to the feasibility.
- The government will construct the construction of recharge pit/ water harvesting structure at borewell sites. The government also conducts social audits for all the borewells drilled under this scheme.
- A Programme Management Unit will set up for a headquarters to monitor and implement the program effectively.
How to Apply for YSR Jalakala?
Farmers of Andhra Pradesh can apply for YSR Jalakala online and offline.
Offline Application Process
- Farmers have to visit the official website of the YSR Free Borewell Scheme.
- On the home page click on the “Application forms.”
- A dropdown appears, click on the “registration form.”
- Now on a new page application form opens, download the form and take a printout.
- Fill the form with all the necessary information about land and region, personal details, etc.
- Submit the application form at APD/MPDO.
- After verification of the application form and land survey, the government approves for free borewells.
- To download the Application form Click Here.
Online Application Process
- The applicants who want to apply for YSR Jalakala has to visit the official portal.
- On the home page click on the “Apply for Borewell.”
- A new page appears, fill in the details of the Aadhaar number, OTP generates to the mobile number authenticated with Aadhaar.
- Enter the OTP and click on the “submit.”
- Application form appears, fill the form with all the required information regarding land, region, and personal details.
- After filling the form click on the “submit” to complete the application.
How to Track the Application Process?
- Applicants who applied for YSR free borewell scheme can also track the application status.
- The applicants must visit the official website.
- On the home page, there is an option of “track.”
- Enter the application number and click on the “track.”
- Now a page appears where we can see the status of the application.
For any further information regarding the YSR Jalakala Scheme contact the below:
Toll-Free No.: 1902